Chapter Forty-Seven

"Babe, guess what

"Babe, guess what." Alexander chimed as he entered the bedroom.

I quickly finished applying my mascara, turning around to face Alexander, who was beaming a grand smile on his face.

"What's up?" I questioned with anticipation in my tone of voice.

"Remember when I got a call last night." Alexander started off.

Recalling the events of last night, I nodded my head waiting for Alexander to carry on.

"Well, it was Jason, him and Rose are moving back to the UK, permanently." Alexander gushed, as he wrapped his arm around my waist, spinning me around.

"Really? That's amazing, I bet you're happy about that." I replied feeling ecstatic from the pure excitement and happiness gushing from Alexander.

It was refreshing to see Alexander chime with excitement. Jason was his best mate in school; starting from primary school, all the way to college. Even though they parted ways; with Jason attending university in New York, and Alexander taking over his father's company at eighteen. They still managed to stay in touch.

Finding out that he was now moving back to the UK, with his wife, Rose, it was great news that we needed to hear.

"He just text me, him and Rose are flying in tonight, I made plans for us to have dinner with them when they are settled." Alexander said still beaming with excitement. He moved his arms around my shoulders, pulling me in for a hug.

The strong hold around me, enabled me to mould within his chest. I took in his scent, which felt like my body had been sent to the clouds to float away.

"Perfect. I can't wait to meet them." I replied with my eyes closed, as I felt every aspect of Alexander's hold on me.

Much to my disappointment, the hug was cut short. Cupping my face so elegantly with his hands, he placed his supple lips on my forehead, gifting a kiss. As he peered close to my eyes, he scrunched his nose. I then instantly understand that we had to cut the sweet moment short, as we had to make our way to the office.

***

Hand in hand, we entered the office, we both said morning to Lily and entered our own office. With me slightly in front, I set my handbag on the table. Behind me I heard Alexander close the door.

As I turned around, I immediately met with Alexander's chest, he was closer to me than I thought.

My eyes automatically connected to his. His brown swirls were inviting me to close the gap between us. He delicately moved my caramel locks behind my ears, the soft touch of his fingertips felt like a feather dancing on my skin.

His other hand snaked around my lower back, jerking me to inch closer to him.

"Alexander, what are you doing? Lily can come in any moment." I whispered, slurring my words at the end, as Alexander was sending my brain to oblivion.