Chapter Thirty-Five

Louisa's POV

Louisa's POV

Standing outside the venue, I watched the waiters and waitresses pacing up and down. The decorators were adding the final touches. All I could do was just stand there and watch time go on.

I imagined my wedding day to be filled with glitz and glam. Running around, ordering people to sort everything out. Instead, I stood outside, staring at the entrance, hoping that all this disappeared.

We chose a simple venue for the wedding, not a lot of people were invited so we thought to keep it small. The wedding hall was situated just outside the city. It was refreshing being away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

The fresh air was crisp and clean. After taking a long and slow inhale, I felt at peace, I felt like nothing could hurt me in this calm and beautiful environment; but I was wrong. I was hurting, I wanted to take it all away but didn't want to hurt anybody else in the process.

I dragged my feet, entering the venue I find myself in the entrance hall. In front of me was a grand set of stairs going towards the main area. The floors were wooden, giving it a rustic feel. The cream-coloured walls were dressed in different artistic painting. Each paintings had a brown frame around it.

I walked up the stairs to check the main area. I was taken by surprise when I finally saw it. Three chandeliers hung from the ceiling, a set of pink, white and cream flower garlands were attached to each one, hanging from chandelier to chandelier. Twenty white chairs on the right and left, separated by a walkway, adorned with petals. At the end of the walkway, was a large wall made entirely of pink and white roses. Fairy lights added to the wall, making it look exquisite. At the far left was the bar, drinks were getting prepared and placed on the side tables.

I had the urge to pick a glass and down a drink, but for everything to go smoothly, I had to stay away from the alcohol.

Lifting my phone, I peered to check if I had any messages from Alexander. More sadness piled on as there was nothing from him. I turned on my heels, heading towards the bridal suit. When I entered the room, I located my wedding dress hanging, waiting for me to place it on me.

"Oh, you're here."

I looked to see who had entered the room. Sarah came in a huff, with her dress hanging on her arm. She seemed as if she had come in running. She was flustered for some reason.

"Where were you?" I enquired, warily of how she seemed.

"Just had something to sort out," Sarah replied, like her mind was elsewhere.

Furrowing my brows, I stood there with my arms folded. "What? What did you have to sort out?"

"Nothing. Right, let's get you ready. When's Janice coming?"