Chapter Seven

I woke up on Sunday morning, on my own, yet again

I woke up on Sunday morning, on my own, yet again. My gut was telling me Calum was gone, I could sense his absence. Even though it was just the two of us, there was a deep silence in our apartment, there was a sense of loneliness.

Calum's words were constantly floating in my head. We'd been together for so long, and not once did I have doubts about him. One simple question changed my perspective. There was supposed to be a level of trust between us, but he broke that.

It was clear to me that I didn't want to stay home alone so I decided to message Sarah.

L: Hey, what are your plans for today? X

Within two minutes Sarah texted back.

S: Hey, nothing really, lazy Sunday for me.

L: Breakfast at mine?

S: Say no more! I'm on my way!

L: Perfect! See you soon!!

Feeling ecstatic, I got out of bed, making my way to the bathroom to freshen up. As I closed my eyes, to wash my face, I got a flashback of mystery guy back in the club. I gasped and shot my eyes open, face wash entered my eyes and I experienced an excruciating sting in my eyes.

"Shit." I mumbled to myself.

Quickly rinsing the face wash, making sure I soothed my eye from it, I slowly opened them up again. I looked in the mirror and noticed my eyes were bloodshot red. Why did the mystery guy come in my head again? Why do I keep thinking about him? I needed to get him out my of my head, but for some odd reason I just couldn't.

The little time I had with him, sparked something in me, something that I couldn't wrap my head around. A guy I barely knew, had an ominous effect on me.

I changed into some comfy black joggers and a grey cropped hooded top. I made my way to the kitchen to get breakfast started. I decided to make poached eggs on toast. After placing the eggs on the water, a knock at the door ripped through.

I skipped in happiness, knowing it was Sarah. I opened the door to see her cheerful face.

"Hey." She chirped, making her way inside.

"Hey, I'm so glad you're here." I exclaimed, welcoming her inside with a hug.

"Why?" She asked, chuckling at my remark.

"One word, Calum." I said, rolling my eyes.

Sarah copied, rolling her own eyes, "Right, let's make breakfast and you can tell me all about it."