Chapter Twenty-Five

As time passed, I decided to keep my distance from Alexander

As time passed, I decided to keep my distance from Alexander. I knew how he made me feel, the effect he had on me, I couldn't put it to words. Deep down it pained me, I wanted his warm touch all over me. I wanted his seductive voice echoing in my ears. I knew I had to put a stop to it.

When Alexander approached me, I made sure our eye contact was minimal. If I looked at him for longer than needed, his eyes would have dragged me in. I would have vanish in those dreamy eyes.

Attending meetings with him didn't make it any easier. Often, we would sit next to each other, our thighs would brush past each other. I would then find myself gritting my teeth, making sure them damn butterflies didn't flutter about.

Every morning, both Calum and I got ready for work. I couldn't help but feel proud that Calum was going to work. Something that I had always wanted.

I stared in the mirror while brushing my teeth. I scanned my body over and over again, thinking how Alexander had touched almost every section of my body. It was like the places he touched were glowing.

No, I can't think like this.

I was due to get married in four weeks. Calum was the one I needed to think about.

"Hey babe," Calum said as he enters the bathroom, "I'm going to head off now, so I'll see you later?"

Quickly rinsing my mouth of the toothpaste, I go to Calum, giving him a peck on the lips. Still nothing. I pecked him a few more times.

Where was the warm feeling? Why am I not electrified by kissing him?

"Babe? What are you doing?" Calum chuckled.

"Nothing. Can't I kiss my fiancé?" I jokingly replied.

Calum placed his hands on my cheeks, he kissed my forehead, my nose and then my lips. I gave him a loving and warm smile.

"See you later," he whispered before leaving the room.

The smile slowly faded away from my lips. I still felt nothing. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath, lifted my head up and exhaled out. I loved Calum, so why did I feel like a piece was missing. As if I wasn't able to complete the puzzle. Right now, the puzzle remained unsolved and I was determined to find the missing piece to complete my love for Calum.

***

Before going into work, I made a quick pit stop at Jo's cafe. I needed the rich, aromatic taste of coffee to brighten up the morning.

I entered the cafe to be welcomed by the familiar scent of coffee. The undertones of caramel and cinnamon, mixed with coffee glided its way to my nose. I inhaled taking in every aspect of the smell.

Whilst I was waiting for my drink, I sat on one of the stools near the window. Admiring the morning rush outside. I looked far across the street and did a double take. I focused my eyes when I saw Alexander with a female. He was chatting and laughing away with the mysterious woman. I stared at the woman to get a better look at her.