And this is why i don't like metal elitists

So Miley Cyrus is making a cover album of Metallica songs. Cool, whatever. It's not a big deal. I'm not a fan of hers, but I REALLY don't see the big deal.

But here's just some of the stupid shit I've seen people do at this oh so important news.

"Make your own music!!!"
Lots of artist have covered songs from different artist. Metallica are NO kind of different. Hell they have a cover of Queen's song, Sheer Heart Attack. Not only that but you do NOT dictate what she does with her career.

"This will ruin Metallica's career"
When the fuck has artist covering songs EVER ruined their careers? Show me ONE example of cover songs ruining the original artist career. Britney Spears covered I Love Rock N Roll (which itself was already covered by Joan
Jett & The Blackhearts), Celine Dion covered You Rock Me All Night Long by AC/DC, etc etc etc and guess what? ALL OF THEM ARE DOING JUST FINE

"Metal music prostitution"
First off, that doesn't exist at all. Second of all, this is WAY too much bitching about a damn cover album NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO LISTEN TO.

"I bet she doesn't even know who Metallica is"
How would you know? Do you know her personally? Do you be stalking what bands she listens to? I wouldn't have thought Paris Jackson listens to Motley Crue but hey, she does. It's almost as if being apart of a different genre and making different music from there's doesn't immediately mean they don't listen to the band. Hell, you probably wouldn't look at me and expect me to be a big fan of 80s music, especially rock, but here we are.

And don't even get me started on the people commenting things like "fuck you" or calling her a bitch, because apparently just simply covering songs by a famous metal band makes her deserving of being called a bitch. Good god, grow the hell up. She could cover people like Bon Jovi, Poison, Guns N Roses, Skid Row, Cinderella, Dokken, etc etc etc and I simply WOULD NOT CARE BECAUSE I AM NOT A FAN OF HERS AND SHE IS ALLOWED TO COVER THEM. I don't care if it turns out shitty, I won't say she's not allowed to do whatever she wants with her damn career in terms of music.