Say Their Names

Warning: Gonna be talking about racism and murder. These are FAR from the only cases of police brutality but I only talk about 3 of them.

George Floyd (May 25th):
George Floyd was a black man murdered by Derek Chauvin while three officers, J. Alexander Kueng, Tou Thao, and Thomas Lane recorded. He had been. He had been arrested when buying cigarettes after he was suspected of a writing a bad check. He was held down with Chauvin on his knee on his neck and the other on his back, he kept saying "I can't breathe" while bystanders tried to help. He was ignored. He was in that position for at least 8 minutes and that POS didn't even remove his knee even after Floyd was unconsciously and 1 minute and 20 seconds after the ambulance arrived. Floyd was 46 Years Old.

Breonna Taylor (March 13th):
Breonna Taylor was murdered in her own home after the police forced open her door using a battering ram, they had been investigating two men they bileved sold drugs and her house was included in a "no knock" search warrant. The police claimed they had knocked several times and then announced themselves as they came in, neighbors and Breonna's family disputed this and claimed Breonna and her boyfriend thought they were intruders. Mind you this was a little after midnight, this ended in her boyfriend having a shoot out with the police and she was killed after getting shot 8 TIMES. NO drugs were found in the house.

Breonna died for no fucking reason what's so ever. She was 26 Years Old.

Elijah McClain (August 24th, 2019):
This one is so fucked up. He was just walking home when a Aurora citizen called the police about him acting suspicious wearing a ski mask, though the person said they didn't bileve anyone was in danger and that Elijah was unarmed. He was held forcibly to the ground, he was sedated with ketamine because of cource he's not gonna stay calm WHEN HE'S BEING HELD DOWN WHEN HE DID NOTHING WRONG. He suffered cardiac arrest and died 7 days later after being taken off of life support.

He was held down for 15 minutes. He vomited multiple times. Elijah had anemia. He would play the violin for cats to calm them at the animal shelter. He was only 23 Years Old.

Elijah's Last Words:

"I can't breathe. I have my ID right here. My name is Elijah McClain. That's my house. I was just going home. I'm an introvert. I'm just different. That's all I'm so sorry. I have no gun. I don't do that stuff. I don't do any fighting. Why are you attacking me? I don't even kill flies! I don't eat meat! But I don't judge people, I don't judge people who do eat meat. Forgive me. All I was trying to do was become better. I will do it. I will do anything. Sacrifice my identity, I'll do it. You are all phenomenal. You are beautiful and I love you. Try to forgive me. I'm a mood Gemini. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Ow, that really hurt. You are all very strong. Teamwork makes the dream work. (Crying) Oh I'm sorry , I wasn't trying to do that. I just can't breathe correctly. (Proceeds to vomit from the pressure on his neck.)"

Neither one of them deserved to die. They didn't deserve to go out the way they did. They didn't deserve to be hurt or tortured. Wanna know why All Lives Matter ain't on? Because All Lives Matter can't matter until BLACK LIVES MATTER.

As someone who is black and native American, THIS affects me. Your now telling me that my race will always mean something to racist assholes and that cruel and corrupt police officers can just get away with it. George, Elijah, Breonna, and others who have been unjustly murdered deserve to still be alive.

Some petitions to sign:

https://www.change.org/p/andy-beshear-justice-for-breonna-taylor?recruiter=863936263&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition&recruited_by_id=1561c0b0-2ac2-11e8-b1a9-3f25ef411b63

https://www.change.org/p/adams-county-district-attorney-justice-for-elijah-mcclain-2?recruiter=1094520994&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_abi&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial&recruited_by_id=28ace1c0-a083-11ea-a6a0-338df8710d73

https://www.change.org/p/mayor-jacob-frey-justice-for-george-floyd?recruiter=14039038&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

The sources i used:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elijah_McClain

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/us/george-floyd-investigation.amp.html?amp_js_v=a3&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15934724512617&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2020%2F05%2F31%2Fus%2Fgeorge-floyd-investigation.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Breonna_Taylor

https://www.twincities.com/2020/06/29/4-ex-officers-back-in-court-in-george-floyds-death/amp/?__twitter_impression=true