The Dogs of 9/11 (Bailey)

Bailey:

Bailey was owned by Eileen J

Bailey was owned by Eileen J. Roemer, who also owned Riley. He and Riley worked as rescue dogs for the Pentagon. Bailey came to Eileen through an animal control officer. The officer had found Bailey at a breeder’s “kennel” chained to a post. He was emaciated, covered in fleas and ticks, and had rotting teeth. Eileen took the dog in with the idea of getting him healthy again and having him go to a family she knew. Plans fell through and as fate would have it, Bailey found a home with Eileen. After taking Bailey in, Eileen realized he had the drive and abilities to also be a search and recovery dog and she decided to train him as well. Bailey passed away at the age of 14.

Hundreds more loyal, devoted, and hardworking four-legged heroes risked life and limb on September 11 and the days and weeks that followed. Whether searching for survivors, locating remains, or simply being a source of comfort and hope during the bleakest moment in modern history, we must always remember and honor them.

Thank you Bretagne, Riley, Appollo, Sage, Thunder, Coby, Guinness, Trakr, Jake, Bailey, and the hundreds of other rescue dogs for your service. You are all heroes as well.

The sources i used:

http://www.hamboneaward.com/riley-and-bailey-two-911-hero-dogs/

https://www.dogingtonpost.com/remembering-the-hero-dogs-of-911/