Chapter 17 - Ocean

Start from the beginning

"You think you can cover your feelings when you see Drew with his date" she completed my words.

"A+ for Mrs. Hall" I murmur.

"And E for Ms. Goldreich" she said.

"What?" I squeak.

She shakes her head "think about it Ocean. You are a smart woman. Do you think Drew can do what you asked him to do? To forget about you and back in the friend zone?"

I shrug "I guess.. maybe"

"Okay look. What about you? Will you give it a try if Drew is asking for more?"

"No," I answer fast.

She raises an eyebrow.

"I.. I don't want to make things complicated between us. Trust me it will lead to crumble"

"Why?"

"I..." I open my mouth but nothing comes out.

Meredith looks behind my back. "Shit. Bryce is impatient. He is on the way to us." She says without moving her mouth too much. So for sure Bryce cannot read her lips.

I inhale deeply.

She bites her lower lip and looks at me deeply. "Do you plan to sleep with Bryce? Because I'm sure he wants to sleep with you."

I just stare at her.

Meredith smiles at my back. I know she locked her eyes with Bryce.

I close my eyes trying to control my feelings. Do I want it?

"Bryce, sorry for stealing her too long" Meredith says sweetly. She really is a good actress.

"It's okay Mer," Bryce says and his hand snakes around my waist. I jump a bit. "You ready, sweetheart?"

I swallow and nod at him. "Thanks Mer" I say and lean to hug her.

She hugs me tightly "think about it. Don't act on impulse okay? Please" she whispers. I nod and pull back "talk to you later Ocean"

I nod "bye Mer".

Bryce and I walk back to the hall, the doors to the lobby is the other way from the veranda. I was still thinking about Meredith's words when Bryce called Drew.

I look up. A woman I don't know who is whispering something to Drew's ear and they both share a secret smile.

I guess I'm the only one who failed in here. While Drew graduated with flying colors.

The woman walks away and Drew looks at us. His eyes zeroed on me.

"Drew, we're going now. See you next time. Call me when you come to NY." Bryce comes forward and man hugs Drew.

"Where will you take her?" Drew asks.

"To her mom's house"

Drew nods.

"Bye brother!" I say, forcing cheeriness in my voice. And because I couldn't hold it any longer. I loop my hands around Bryce's arm and take him away from Drew before Drew can reply to me.

***

We are on the way to my mom's house. It's a little bit far from the hotel, like an hour drive. Her house is big, with a guest house where I always stay. Because she was sharing this house with her ex husband. I didn't plan to hear their sex voice so I prefer to stay at the guest house.

Bryce squeezed my knee. I almost jump "hey you look so tense"

I smile "no I'm good. Just thinking about my sister" I lie.