The start of Chaos

It was a day of celebration for the Amihan Pilipinas RP Team. They bagged the championship in Asian Womens Volleyball League against China. It was a grueling 5 match set. Everybody in the crowd are cheering for the team. All the girls are really happy, hugging each other and crying as well, as they said tears of joy.

It was a point from Mika who ended the long rally by her single blocked. It's a very sweet reward for all of them after all the hardships from almost everyday trainings, sometimes twice a day or even thrice a day.

But all of a sudden the crowd and including some of the girls got really worried. In the middle of the awarding ceremony, Mika passed out. She immediately brought to the hospital after she collapsed. Her parents including some of her friends and team mates came to the hospital where she was rushed in after they saw what happened to her. It was just like a flash of light. There she was celebrating their victory in the middle of the court, looking so happy and thrilled, then a minute later a perfect pitch black washover her.

At the hospital......

Mika's parents including Ara, Kim and Aly are patiently waiting outside the emergency room. You can see in all their faces how worried they are for Mika. They were praying for Mika's safety. Hoping that nothing serious bout her condition. Hoping that it's only due of over fatigue and exhaustion. Then a minute later the doctor came out from the emergency room.

"Doc how's my daughter?" That Tita Bhaby, looking so worried.

"Mika's fine now. I instructed the nurses on duty to move her into the recovery room. You can see her later but Mr. and Mrs. Reyes I need to talk to you on something really important. Please follow me at my office."

"Sure Doc. You want us to come with you now?" Then the doctor nodded and Mika's parents followed the attending physician.

Inside the office of Mika's attending physician...

"Mr. and Mrs. Reyes honestly based on our rigid tests and findings that we performed to Mika, medyo delicate po ung condition ng anak nyo. Your daughter, Mika Aereen has a rare form of hormonal disorder and the affected part of her system is her reproductive part. She has a growing lump on her left ovary."

"Doc you mean may bukol sa matres ang anak ko?" Tito Manuel.

"Yes and honestly she's at risk dahil lumalaki ng lumaki ang bukol sa ovary nya." Doctor.

"Eh kung ganun why don't remove it then? If she needs to go an operation then do it." Tita Bhaby.

"Honestly Mr. and Mrs. Reyes we could do that but unfortunately in her condition right now, it's not possible for her to go an operation. The only option para marevome ung lump is she needs to bear a child. She needs to be pregnant. Dahil habang buntis sya the baby inside her uterus can help to stablize the hormonal imbalance and to stop it from growing. At sa oras na manganganak na sya, which obviously by C-section procedure dun namin pwede tanggalin ang lump.

"Doc hmm medyo kasi di namin sure dahil sa totoo lang wala pa asawa ang anak namin. Never pa nga sya nagkaboyfriend. But is it possible for her to go on artificial insemination?" Tita Bhaby.

"Sa case po ni Mika hindi po pwede. She needs to be pregnant by natural way." Doctor.

After the doctor explained to Mika's parents her real condition, her mom can't helped herself just to cried and Mika's  dad just hugged her.

Both of them are shocked knowing that their daughter's life is at risk. May pera nga sila pero sa option na binigay ng doctor sakanila 50/50 pa din. At sino naman kaya ung guy na pwede pumayag na bigyan ng baby si Mika. They felt so hopeless!

Before midnight, Mika was already transferred into a private room for her recovery. She still sleeping while her mom was at her bed side, holding her hand. Her dad was sitting by the sofa near at the door of her room. Yung parents na lang ni Mika ang natira magbantay dahil sina Ara, Kim at Aly nagpaalam na muna uuwi sa condo nila para kumuha ng ibang gamit ni Mika at babalik na lang bukas. Ara, Kim and Aly was also shocked when they heard the real condition of Mika. Sinabi sakanila ni Tita Bhaby before they left the hospital. Alam din kasi ng mama ni Miks na mag aalala silang tatlo. Now they knew, why every month na lang darating ang monthly period ni Mika, lage eto nagrereklamo sa dymenorrhea nito. Akala lang nila simpleng pananakit lang un na kahit si Mika never even bothered to check it to the specialist.

The next day Kiefer arrived at the hospital. He heard about what happened to Mika via news. He's not in Manila that time coz of an out of town commitment. He was so worried. Feeling nya di nya agad naprotektahan si Mika. Kya pagpasok pa lang nya, he hugged Mika straight away kahit natutulog pa. After a while Mika wokes up. As soon as she opens her eyes, it was Kiefer's face the first he saw. He looked so worried.

"Kief where's Mama at Papa? Asan ako?" She said in a weak voice.

"Babe how are you? May masakit ba sayo? Bumaba lang saglit sila Tita bibili lang daw ng coffee." He said while holding Mika's hand.

"What happened ba to me?" She asked looking so puzzled. Wala talaga sya maalala basta ang last na alam nya ung pagblocked nya ng bola sa net at pagbuhat ng mga team mates nya sakanya.

"You collapsed Babe. In the middle of the awarding ceremony. Siguro due of over fatigue. Kya you need to take plenty of rest. Tapos na ung games nyo. 6months break for you guys."

"Ha? Nagcollapsed ako? So kaya pala ako andito. For sure OA na naman si Mama nito." She said and smiked. Alam nya kasi na everytime she get sick her mom was really worried to her. Kahit simpleng fever lang yan oa ang nanay nya maka react.

"Babe ayan ka na naman eh. You need to rest. Kahit pa over fatigue or simpleng pagod lang yun ok."

He knows how stubborn Mika when it comes to her health. Wala nga pakialam yan kung mainjury basta masave ang bola sa tuwing asa game yan.

"Kief I'm ok. Siguro over fatigue tapos padating na kasi ung monthly period ko. Before kasi ako naglaro inatake ako ng dysmenhorrea ko."

"Alam lage na lang yang dysmne mo ung sakit mo. Mag boyfriend ka nga ng mawala na yan haha."

"Ha? Anu naman konek nun?"

She asked and frowns. Kiefer just laughed at her. Di pa din talaga maka gets parang di nang galing sa La Salle. Walang ka green green sa dugo. Tsk! Tsk!

They were busy talking when Mika's parents came back. Her mom gave her a very tight hug as if she doesn't like to let her go. And even her dad was like that also. And when she saw her mom wiping some tears, yun na nga di na sya napigil mag ask lalo for her, her parents was acting so weird. So when she asked them what's really going on, her parents hurriedly calls her attending physician to check her and tells her real condition.

After the doctor left her room. Mika can't stop from crying. Her mom hugged her while Kiefer was still standing by her bed side looking so shocked. Her best friend's life is at risk and the only way they can save her is to get her pregnant! Damn! Is this a joke? Si Mika na napaka inosente pa, ni hindi pa nga nagkaka boyfriend un. Kung may lalaki man sa buhay ni Mika un ung Papa nito, Kuya Perry at sya na best friend nito. Whaaaaahhhh anu ba? Pucha nagbibiro ba si destiny? Kiefer just took a deep sighed and just stared at Mika while still crying.