The End: After Midnight

[YG U]

[YG U]

"And when someone dies, the first thing to do is to look into their relationships. The chemistry between people and their relationships is the strangest science of all."

My professors voice droned in the background and funny how a subject on killing and crime could make me think of him. He haunted my head and I wrote down my notes, pressing the pen against the paper and scribbling onto them with aggression.

Four weeks.

Four weeks now.

Sometimes, I would find myself daydreaming of him, wondering if I would have done anything different if I knew that I would be feeling this way. Weed, cigarettes, alcohol and nights alone made me miss him more.

Gucci and Hendery dropped by sometimes and even if I managed to smile at them and tell them that I was okay, I could see that Gucci saw past my façade. She knew, of course she did, I have never looked this shitty.

"They say when someone dies, their life events flash through their eyes and they see everything they have ever done. Scientists say that this may be a chemical reaction. Fear, for themselves and their loved ones. Interviews with people who had experienced life and death situations have said, however, that they all thought about their family members and friends rather than their own self."

I looked dully at my phone when I finally made up my mind, my fingers going to the screen. I would text him; I'd ask him to meet up. I'll say that I really want us to be friends, maybe even more. There was no harm in trying.

So that is what I did, typing down a "Hey, can we meet up tonight after midnight?". I froze, thinking to myself that I didn't want Lucas to feel like a dick appointment but if I was the only one feeling this way because it has been four weeks, I didn't want him to think I was still caught up on him.

"Please put away your phone!" the professor's voice rang out and I jumped, shoving my phone into my bag and not giving it one look when I zipped it up. I didn't send it, maybe I shouldn't even think about sending it.

I decided to think about it later, focusing on class when the bell rang and I already felt the feeling of trepidation. I didn't want to go home because I would be alone but I knew I had to. I pushed myself up, dragging my legs down the stairs when I reached the center of YG center—a place where the students of YG University would crowd around since it was a walk way.

My phone rang inside my bag and I froze, my hand trying to find the device when I found it. I brought it up to my face, almost dropping it when I saw that it was a call from Lucas, internally freaking out when the lights changed to red. Students began to cross the road but I stayed back, bringing the phone to my ear.

"Hey." I tried to sound as normal as possible, stepping back from the crowd when my eyes went towards the front. In a crowd of people, he was the only one I could see. He stood across the street and was making his way towards me and for a moment, I forgot to breathe.