360°

It's been two years since I last saw you

Still wish that I run into you
'Cause I know that you're still in our hometown

And maybe you never wanna see me
And I understand if you don't want to
But I will never forget you (I will never forget you)

- Wish I Was Better, Kina, Yaeow

________________________________________________________________________________

"Noona! Noona, tell me when you get on the plane, okay? I'll wait on the bed and leave the house an hour before you're going to arrive

"Noona! Noona, tell me when you get on the plane, okay? I'll wait on the bed and leave the house an hour before you're going to arrive. Oh, Noona! I'm so happy you're coming back. This is the best day of the entire year!" Jisung rambled on the phone and I chuckled, looking at my younger brother's face on my phone screen. I couldn't stop myself from smiling, Jisung beaming at me.

"I'll be there soon enough. It's a fourteen-hour flight, Jisung. Don't worry, I'll call you when I'm there. I can find my way home." I told my younger brother who told me he had a surprise for me. "Hmm... What kind of surprise? Nothing that would make me feel weird, right?"

"No, you'll feel proud of me, I promise!" Jisung chirped and I chucked. "Okay, I'll keep my phone right next to me and put three alarms. See you, Noona. Safe flight!"

I smiled at him through the screen while I checked in. I placed my passport on the counter, waiting for the process to be done when my phone rang once more. Glancing at the screen, I saw that it was from one of my closest friends.

"You in the airport?" he asked and I gave a hum. "I'm sorry I can't pick you up, my sister is going crazy because of her coming exam so I'm a bit occupied."

"Don't worry about it, Doyoung," I told him. I knew how much of a handful his sister was and it was good to know that part didn't change. "I'll see you for a whole year anyway. I'll tell you when I reach Seoul."

"You do that. I'll call you when I have time—Oi! Stop climbing up the railings!" I heard Doyoung yell out when a crash sounded.

"Is Bunny okay?" I asked him, Doyoung giving me an exasperated sigh.

"You really have nicknames for everyone, don't you?" he asked back. "Anyway, keep your phone on you. Have a safe flight."

And with that, he hung up. I closed my eyes knowing that I had to mentally prepare myself. I grabbed my passport and headed to the lounge to board my flight.

Two years.

Two years away from home. Two years away from family. A sacrifice for a better future and words to be put under my achievements in my resume. But that was real life, wasn't it? The things we did to make sure we reached for the stars and to show people how competent we were.