After Midnight

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

-Iris, Chris Lanzo

"Ouch, Lucas. Ouch," I mumbled under my breath when I felt his hands grab my breasts a little bit too hard. I winced, Lucas' face against my neck when he murmured something under his breath. "Oi, Wong—"

"Shut up." He moved, Lucas nuzzling my body from behind, his legs thrown over me like I was a long pillow before he grumbled. "Stop moving."

I slapped his hand that was stuck under my shirt, trying to wriggle away from his iron grip but to no avail. He grunted and I kicked him with one leg, Lucas hooking his leg with mine before scooting closer. His big hands were going to leave bruises and I slapped his hand one more time when the alarm clock rang out.

7 a.m.

Lucas let out an annoyed groan when he removed his hands from underneath my shirt to feel the space beside my body. I frowned, turning to see that his eyes were still closed. Lucas breathed heavily, his bottom lip pouting when he opened his eyes and stared right at me.

"I will break your phone," he said, deadpan when he finally got my phone. He brought the ringing device up and I heard him unlock it, my eyebrows knitting. He then casually threw the phone over to his side and I blinked. "Yes, I know your password. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 isn't very hard to make out when you're unlocking your phone every morning."

"I have to go back—"

"Where?" he snapped almost irritably, the male grabbing me to pull me against him before kicking the blanket off and resuming his previous position—leg propped around mine and hand shoved underneath my shirt. "Sleep."

"Wow, now that I know you have this fixation with long pillows, I'm going to buy one for your birthday."

"I really don't want to have a conversation on what I want for my birthday at 7 am in the morning," he replied, sniffling and going back to closing his eyes. Lucas wasn't a morning person. Despite having to go to work every morning on a weekday, I would always see him awake at night on the weekends and he would tell me that his body was always accustomed to late nights.

"When is your birthday?" I asked, Lucas opening his eyes and blinking slowly.

"You really want to have this conversation?"

"I really don't want to stay in bed with you," I admitted and Lucas' face scrunched up as if he had eaten something sour. "It's 7 am!"

"It's not morning if the sun isn't out yet," he pointed out and I glanced at the windows, narrowing my eyes at him. "Fine. I know it's the curtains. Maybe I do need a long pillow for my birthday."

He finally let go of me and I felt him push my body away with his foot and I shrieked, falling onto the floor. He stretched, laughing when he saw me sprawled on the floor and stuck out his tongue. I massaged my shoulders, grabbing the side of the bed and pushing myself up so I could head back to my room when he reached out to slap my ass.