119

There were only a few days left until our contract with Johnny would be done and completed and I would have to go back to WayV street

There were only a few days left until our contract with Johnny would be done and completed and I would have to go back to WayV street. I had to hold out until then. I had to keep ignoring him until he got the idea and I found myself creeping out of my room over and over again to avoid running into Johnny. I had claimed his bedroom as my own and Johnny didn't seem to mind.

He was confused but beyond that, I bet he wondered why I suddenly seemed like I hated him.

It was harder than I thought. Other than the fact that I was cooped up in my apartment bedroom and all I had were my case studies and my phone. I couldn't even look out of the bedroom in fear that I would see Johnny standing there and my heart would pound rapidly in my ribcage.

I remember waking up one fine morning to a knock on the door, Johnny pounding against the wood. When I stood up and sat by the side of the bed, I asked out timidly what he wanted.

"Chenle is gone with Renjun. Open the door, Shanghai," Johnny said and I took a deep breath.

He sounded just as frustrated as I was but I wasn't ready to face him.

"Open the door," he repeated but I didn't move when I heard a jingle and my eyes widened. "You know I have the keys, right?"

"Johnny—"

And with that, the door was pushed open and I stood there, Johnny by the doorway as he stared at me.

"I can't help you if you don't tell me what's going on," he said and I shook my head, waving a hand in the air and telling him that nothing was happening. I couldn't say anything, not when Johnny was the problem.

"I'm just tired," I told him, mumbling under my breath and grabbing the yoga mat. "I'm tired and it's the time of the month and I need my alone time."

I hoped he understood and wouldn't push it. I looked at where he was standing, Johnny leaning against the doorframe and I tried to walk past him, Johnny reaching out to grab the top of my arm. I froze for a second, Johnny's eyes flickering over my features when his hand tightened.

"You promise?"

His words held power because I couldn't promise.

That was the only thing I couldn't do.

So, I shook him off with a small smile.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________