119

Also, if I ever put up songs, do try to check them out and listen to them while reading! I write my stories based on the music I listen to. <3

--- & italics are flashbacks.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I had a nightmare
But now that I'm not scared

This is how you fall in love
Let go and I'll hold you up
So pull me tight and close your eyes
Oh my love, side to side

-This is how you fall in love, Jeremy Zucker, Chelsea

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a new day and we went on our way to pick Johnny up from where he lived.

Turned out there was nothing I could do to stop my brother from pushing whatever he wanted onto us. It didn't help that Johnny agreed and I stood there, chewing on my bottom lip with anxiety. Johnny and I were still very awkward with each other but Johnny didn't seem at all bothered by it.

Why? I thought to myself that maybe he needed money.

Why did he need money? Was he struggling? He could take this probation as a break, why was he agreeing to work for us? I stared at Johnny who was sitting in the front of my car while my elder brother drove us to the apartment he had rented for both of us.

Chenlong caught me staring at Johnny, my brother raising an eyebrow. I looked away quickly, crossing my arms across my chest when he looked back towards the front. Johnny didn't say anything the whole ride and Chenle was listening to music.

When we reached the apartment, I saw that my brother had hired a couple of bodyguards. It was nothing new and Chenlong began prepping Johnny on how everything was supposed to be.

"There is 24-hour surveillance—not in the room but around the perimeter. There are going to be people monitoring who comes in and who comes out. This building is unoccupied." He unlocked a door, pushing it open and I walked in, pulling my small luggage behind me. "It's a bit small for my siblings but I think it'll be easier to get to them with this size."

"It's good enough," Chenle said, moving to sit on the couch. Chenlong nodded, Johnny silently placing his bag on the table.

"Your priority is that they do not leave the room... just yet." He must have seen me sulk. "Groceries are ordered and picked up from downstairs. That will be your job, of course."

Johnny nodded.

"I didn't want to hire a cook because I didn't want to have strangers with them so food will have to be prepared a day before so Chenle and my sister don't starve." Chenlong motioned to the curtains. "Curtains must be drawn at all times in case. We don't know if anyone would be holding a sniper in the other building."