Only Human

A/N: Very long because Kun isn't the type to fall for anybody. Disclaimer: Kun is probably one of the most flawed characters I've ever written. He's a fucking asshole. Disclaimer because if someone ever is like Kun in real life, you ditch him and find someone new ASAP.

+ Please don't get second lead-syndrome.

TW: Suicide, Death,

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So call me stupid, call me sad
You're the best I've ever had
You're the worst I've ever had
And that keeps fuckin' with my head

-11 Minutes, Halsey

2022, Han River

On this particular night, he found himself running by the side of the Han River, the cold air blowing past the cold sweat that had formed on his forehead. He was interning at Saint John's Hospital and he had just finished his shift.

The male had the tracksuit zipped up fully, the dark blue material making a sound as they rubbed against each other. He loved running at this time, music blasting loudly in his ears. There weren't many cars, Kun observed. The few that were around would probably be like him—people who worked in shifts or workaholics. He would be both.

His phone vibrated and he glanced at the screen, Ten sending him a picture of Sicheng. He sighed, frowning at the text that came with it.

Ten: sicheng just left pro league. He says it's not working out.
Ten: He's devastated.
Ten: Jade has been trying to reach you
Ten: she said that your dad wants to talk

Kun put off his phone.

He had so many things to think about, the male slowly going to a stop. He strolled down the side of the bridge, collecting his thoughts. Take it up to him to feel like he had people to string together, a sister to take care of, and a career to continue. Most of the kids—Kun stopped his train of thought before he smiled to himself. Most of the kids were doing fine, with the exception of Sicheng who was going through a life roadblock.

As Kun's feet slowed down to a stop, he saw a shadow. He wondered if it was his eyes were playing tricks on him. He squinted under the dim light of the street bridge lights that did not illuminate the area where he was focusing on. He frowned when he realized it was a person.

He almost missed her because she had blended out in the background, her bare feet on the railing.

Railing? She was wearing all black. Formal black pants and a long-sleeved shirt, Kun tying everything to a funeral. Her hair was bunned up and she looked like she was in a trance, her eyes straight out into the Han River when she shifted. Kun's eyes widened, the male registering what she was about to do when he surged forward.