Third time's a charm

Lyin' isn't better than silence
Floatin', but I feel like I'm dyin'

Still, no matter where I go
At the end of every road
You were good to me

-You were good to me, Jeremy Zucker

I guess you can say that I got a new chance in life

I guess you can say that I got a new chance in life. Memories are what make people—their experiences, their traumas are what shapes them into who they are. I remember that it was like waking up from a dream and I heard the bustle of people moving around me with a weird beeping in my ear. It was like I woke up from the darkness and my eyes fluttered softly, something on my finger when I began to shift.

"She's awake. She's awake—" A female voice said and suddenly I felt whatever I was laying on move slightly. A voice asked me if I was okay and hands grabbed my shoulders, another voice spitting out my vitals. "Doctor Zhang, she's awake."

"Go and inform the guardian." A calm voice said and suddenly the light was shone into my eyes and I squinted, trying to regain full consciousness when my vision began to sharpen and I saw a doctor looking down at me.

Who was he? Why was I there? What happened?

"Can you hear me?" he asked and I slowly nodded my head, my eyes strained on the white walls of the hospital. "She's fine, her vitals are fine. Your head might hurt and you may experience flashes of light, you were just in a coma."

He said it so factually, I simply blinked. My throat was dry and I found myself gripping the side of the bed, trying to push myself up when finally, everything became clear and I saw a very handsome dimpled doctor smiling at me.

"What happened?" I managed to say, the words rolling out of my tongue as I gripped the blanket. The doctor frowned at my question, asking me if I remembered anything. I shook my head, the doctor lowering the flashlight before speaking.

"Do you know your name?"

I paused, my mind running as I struggled to remember. It must have taken a while, the doctor finally concluding to himself as he spoke out loud.

"You must have lost your memory," he said, softly before calling the nurse. "The boy who left his number, contact him."

"Yes, doctor," she had replied and I wondered what he was talking about when the doctor pushed me down onto the bed and told me to rest.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________