♛| xliv : be confident |

Start from the beginning

"Hey, I am Nicky." She sits comfortably on the wooden table and the amber scorching bulb hanging over us finally enables and allows me to have a clear look of her.

Her arms are inked from the shoulder arch extending down to her wrist. Weird patterns and flowing motifs, black and grey with tints of green.

The piercing on her lips shines scintillating, her ear cartilages adorned my various metallic rings. Her aura screams bold and confident.

Something I ain't.

"Yeah. Long time no see, Nikita." Ishaan smirks at her. Nicky's face contorts into a lour. "I get it, Shaan." She fleers. They both glare at each other for a brief moment before Ishaan looks at me.

Nicky shrugs and adjusts her shoulders, cracking her fingers and her neck as she looks at me, eyes thoroughly scanning me.

"You brought those clothes, right?" She pokily says. I reply with a yes. The room feels denser and vehement. I notice the strange behaviour between Ishaan and Nicky. They are glaring at each other, snickering. They look livid and apoplectic and incandescent, almost breathing fire.

I start feeling awkward but before I can do anything about it, Nikita opens her mouth and speaks, "Shaan, you can leave now. I'll talk to her."

Noticing that we are already running late, Ishaan quickly glances at me and ambles towards me. His face so soft, so worried and so tender.

"You sure you want to do this?" He confirms, maybe hoping that I would suddenly tell him that I want to back out.

"Yes. I am not backing out." I glower at him. He defeatedly sighs and lazily walks out, leaving me alone.

Nicky sniggers as soon as Ishaan leaves the room and looks at me.

"If not for my girlfriend, I would have asked you out." She raises her voice a little, almost shouting so that Ishaan can hear it.

"Nikita." Comes his measured bellow. I stop the giggle threatening to leave my mouth. Nicky bends a little, edging a little closer.

"I was kidding. I am very much in love with her. I was just pulling his leg." She winks at me, playfully.

"He is already seething with anger." She addresses, and then again stretches her throat and screams, "Inaayat, are you single?" I cover my mouth muffling my laugh.

"Inaayat." His voice is now whiny. Nicky shakes her head and gets off the table. Walking towards the door, she opens it and then orders Ishaan to go and sit in the waiting area.

We are currently in the headquarter's basement, where I was strangely informed that I would be accompanied by an officer to the club.

"Okay, moving on. I am Nicky, I work here as a hacker. That rude fellow outside was my colleague once upon a time, and as you can see, we fought a lot. Hated each other." She tells me and I nod my head, understanding the story.

"But how did you know about," I point towards myself and then at the door.

"You think he is always this caring." A brief pause," with everyone?"

"HaHa. He knows that this task contains a lot of risks, but at the same time this is going to be so fucking exciting." She seems pumped up and look at me.