♛| x : say, i do |

|the naive rebel|
━━━━ ♛ ━━━━

x| say, i do
^^^^^^^

word count- 1297

Ah! I am confused about the chapter

Ah! I am confused about the chapter. Tell me how you find it?

━━━━ ♛ ━━━━
INAAYAT
━━━━ ♛ ━━━━

I squint my eyes trying to see something amidst the darkness. The cool wind hits my bare arms and the back of my neck-causing goosebumps to arise all over the skin.

The flashlight of my phone illuminating small patches of the terrace where I am trying to find some evidence that would help me in the case.

Dad and I had discussed the last Saturday about how I should start taking things seriously and investigate the suicides. Therefore, here I am at 3 AM strolling around the abandoned terrace of the hostel like a hooligan dressed carelessly in a tank top and sweatpants.

Worst decision of my life.

What?

Coming here, or to be here?

Good question.

I would choose the latter.

I have traced the entire path thrice before deciding that there is nothing on the terrace that can be classified as suspicious. Dad had told me to start from the terrace and then check the floors one by one.

I turn off the flashlight and push my phone deep inside my pocket. Trying to adjust and find my way towards the door, my feet leap and I am kissing the dirty ground a second later.

'Shit.'

I curse, getting up on my feet again I rub my elbows trying to remove dirt from it. Wiping my face with the back of my hand. I pat my pocket searching for my phone. Once the light is on, I try knowing who exactly is my enemy-who cannot see me standing vertically on the ground, for once.

I flinch with the sudden radiance while I see around finding many brown cardboard boxes lying carelessly. They are all accumulated and placed with the worn-out furniture. The old wooden desks, torn mattresses and the broken cupboards are piled around. The boxes are taped and kept almost neatly with them while the other waste is thrown almost recklessly.

I had ignored the old trash earlier thinking them to be garbage, but now taking a closer look at these boxes I realise how strategically they are placed here.

Bending towards one of the boxes I remove its tape and open the box. The box is empty but it still carries a vague foul smell.

Before I think over it too much, my phone blazes loudly. I quickly answer the call before anyone hears me.