♛| vii : let me dream |

|the naive rebel|
━━━━ ♛ ━━━━

vii| let me dream
^^^^^^^^^^^

word count- 2174

Make sure you have checked the last update, I had deleted and published it again with a new scene

Make sure you have checked the last update, I had deleted and published it again with a new scene. Also, Happy Belated Baisakhi, and Happy New Year to everyone!

━━━━ ♛ ━━━━
I N A A Y A T
━━━━ ♛ ━━━━

It is dark, chilling scorching dark.

I ain't able to see anything, adorn by the eerie silence- the only voice I can hear in the terrorising darkness is of some faint whispers.

It was supposed to be completely quiet but I can hear a noise, it is so dull that my ears perk up to catch the sound waves-to be able to translate them into some comprehensible words or sentences.

My eyes are blinded, I can't see or feel anything. The feeling of numbness runs over my body, my feet aches and my hand trembles. My eyelids feel heavier with each passing second, the tiny strand of my hair irritates me to no extent.

The temperature is extremely high, I can feel beads of perspiration on my forehead. A cool breeze swiftly hitting my feet. My senses are messed when-

"Aaaah!" I scream when my nostrils are filled with water, a lot of water.

"Wake the hell up!" An angry command brings me to my senses. I look around trying to figure out the purpose of my existence and everything soon falls in place when I see an annoyed Mishti standing with hands on her waist, annoyed and irritated.

"Uh?" I yawn rubbing my eyes, forgetting about the lens and then quickly pulling my hands back. I had woken up an hour back to clumsily put the lenses back to make sure that Mishti doesn't see my blue eyes. I couldn't sleep with lenses on, so this was the only alternative I was left with.

"Impossible," Her exasperated taunt hits my eardrums when my eyes finally adapt themselves to the bright environment around.

"Get up. Get ready! We are getting late for our lecture."

"Lecture? When is the lecture?"

"O, ma'am our lecture starts in two hours and our first lecture for the day is of solid-state devices which will be taken by Professor Sam, who will leave no stones unturned to humiliate you in front of other fifty students if you come in late. He will-"

"I get it, relax mom. I am going to get ready, even though the lecture is in next two long hours-" but I shut my gob seeing the challenging look she passes my way.

━━━━ ♛ ━━━━

"Why are they staring at me?" I mumble pulling Mishti closer as we walk through the noisy passage. We had skipped breakfast thanks to Mishti who claimed that the college's canteen serves the best Misal Pav and coffee.