♛| xvi : a past so horrible |

|the naive rebel|
━━━━ ━━━━

xvi| a past so horrible
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

word count- 2125

I don't even know how and why I wrote this chapter

I don't even know how and why I wrote this chapter. one half is a filler while the second half has a deeper meaning than it reflects or shows.
too effin dicey about the chapter. Like.

Alsooo!! Wattpad's Dark Mode is BOMB, update your app 🤍

Happy Reading

will look forward for your views...eagerly.

━━━━ ♛ ━━━━
INAAYAT
━━━━ ━━━━

"We don't meet often, but we know that the other one exists," Mishti says as she yawns. We are in our tent, Garima had slept an hour back while Mishti and I are talking.

It is late midnight and we probably are the only ones who are awake but we pay no heed to it.

She is telling me how she and her fiancé manage to keep up the bond their parents had thrown them into.

"Krish, his name." She informs as I smile at her. I can see how her eyes become when she speaks of him.

"Why are you still agreeing to this, Mishti?"

"You know Aayat, I realised you just can not fall in love with a person merely by knowing that you are going to marry him. For love, it takes time. A lot of understanding, trust- a clear picture of the other person's character, habits, thought process."

"I tried..you know." She murmurs, vetoed.

"I tried to like or even love him or at least the concept of him. I can't. It's just that now my heart has accepted that I can't run away from this. I don't love him, but I respect the bond to not cheat or break it."

"I still can't understand why, but it's your choice," I say looking around when I see a shadow.

"Mishti," I whisper trying to attract her attention.

"What," she asks in a normal volume when I shush her down.

"See, there," I mutter in a hushed voice and point at the silhouette. Her eyes widen, and she turns towards me.

"I think someone's there," I state the obvious in a very quiet tone.

"Aayat, I am scared..let's just sleep. Please."

"No, we are going out to see who is there," I announce standing up. The tent being conical in shape is a little insignificant for my height, I bend a little and help Mishti get up too.