♛| xxiv-b : there's a tiny-little-small problem|

PART TWO
(read the previous part if you haven't)
xxiv-B| There is a tiny-little-small problem

━━━━ ♛ ━━━━
ISHAAN
━━━━ ━━━━

I was almost about to leave the terrace when I had seen something very strange. Something, that left me with one more sleepless night.

A person decked up in a black outfit, escaping the college premises. I had tried to catch him but the time it took to reach the ground floor had allowed the person to escape easily.

From the built, it was a man. Tall almost my height, but I couldn't see his face.

Now, at 8 in the morning, I am on my way to the one place where I am petrified to go. My hands shake as I drive to the white bungalow.

In the next ten minutes, I am here sitting inside my parked car staring at the board and the gate across the street.

Before I go inside I dial Kabir's number hoping that he picks up his call.

"Hey!" His voice was cheery as always.

"Hey."

"I am nervous," I say without giving him the chance to question.

"Why?"

"I can't go inside. She-"

"Ish, don't do this to yourself. You know how she'll react and how tender her situation is. Move your ass and go inside."

"Okay." I cut the call not arguing or contemplating the matter any further. I get off the car, locking it and walking towards the huge gate with a whiteboard hanged.

'Nirmala Vridh Aashram'

(Old Age Home)

I walk on the stone pavement, knowing where exactly I am supposed to go.

The home was like a colony, four small buildings facing each other, a small white bungalow, the garden area and the hall.

It was a mini town.

"Ishaan." I hear a gentle voice, stopping me at the entry of the garden area. I beam at the lady, she wasn't very old but her body looks weak, slumped but the face always carries a smile.

"Tripti Ma." I touch her feet conveying my greetings.

"How are you?"

"First class, what will happen to this young Aunt of yours huh?" She laughs and I smile at her words.

Her face's smile suddenly vanishes and she looks at me, her face now holding a soft expression of sympathy.

Which I certainly hate.

"I know what the doctor said."

"Hmm.." I try refraining myself from talking because I can't. I just don't have the strength to discuss it, anymore.

"You are luckily here at the perfect time, she is there." She points at the farthest side of the garden where three wooden benches were aligned facing each other.

I notice some young children in the garden and around those benches.

"These children?"

"School Picnic Visit." She informs as she smiles admiring the little kids running and playing with the other housemates. I know all of them, known them since I was a child.

Ma used to bring me here every Friday to make me spend time with them.

'It will do nothing but increase the sense of vulnerability in you. You'll understand how to find happiness in small things. You'll learn the art of true living.