chapter thirty four

Friday night the girls and I slept over at Margot's house. The plan was to get ready together then split before our dates came. We were then going to meet downtown to get some pictures together before we ate.

I woke up first, took a shower and shaved my legs. I woke everyone else up afterwards because I was the only one who went to bed at a normal time.

After we were changed and ready for our appointments, we headed to the nail salon. I was getting clear acrylics with butterflies for some flavor.

I loved the way nails looked but I hated the feeling of them on my fingers. You couldn't do anything with them and I hated it. Harper always had her nails done and she was used to it but for me it was a hard pass.

After the 2 hours it took to do a manicure and a pedicure we were leaving the salon and stopping at a gas station for a donut before we headed to my mom's place of work.

Most of us were leaving our hair down. Except for Elyse who was getting an updo. Margot was getting a half up half down look and Harper was curling her hair. I was straightening my hair with a middle part hoping for a glamorous look.

My hair took the longest since I had a lot of it but around 3:00 we had finally left the hair salon. We had about 2 and a half hours until we needed to each be at our individual homes so we raced back to my house to do makeup.

Margot did Elyse's make up while Harper did mine because I genuinely had no idea how to put it on.

I went for a soft glam, very natural look. I wasn't a makeup girl and honestly I just wanted to look like regular me but like 10 percent better.

After Harper finished with me and put these big ass fake lashes on my eyelids she moved to do her own.

I ran down my jewelry list. I wore this fake tennis bracelet that I bought on etsy cause I'm poor, then I put my necklace that I got from Jordan on and finally I wore these gold dangly earrings that my grandma gave me.

I was stepping into my shoes when someone knocked on the door. My mom stuck her head in after a beat and I told her she could come in.

She looked at all of us slowly and after she settled back on me she looked like she was going to cry.

"Mom," I groaned.

"You girls look so beautiful," she said, ignoring me.

"Thanks Mrs. Robinson." They all echoed.

She handed her clutch that I was borrowing to me and as she did so it looked like she was going to cry again.

"Mom I swear to God if I cry as much as you when I get older I'll gouge out my eyeballs."

She ignored me and turned to the girls. "I'll let you get back to it. Let me know if you need anything."

They nodded and she shot me a jaunty wink and a thumbs up before leaving the room.

My alarm went off signaling that they had 5 minutes to leave my house.

We went into a panic, cleaning up all the makeup before the girls wore their jewelry and put on their dresses.

We gave each other rushed complements as they ran out of my house and into Margot's car.

"See you in an hour!" I yelled as they sped off.

I turned to my mom after I shut the door.

"Want to help me put my dress on?" I asked.

Wet filled her eyes. And she followed me up the stairs.