chapter fourteen

It was my last day of senior tennis practice seeing as we didn't make it to state. I had a good run and while I was no Serena Williams I knew I would miss playing.

Jordan and Harper were coming to my last match tomorrow and the thought of Jordan watching me made me even more nervous than playing the match.

Since we were dating now though I really didn't have a choice. Especially since I've seen all his games.

Also the seal came off the lid yesterday. Travis didn't snitch but Annie put two and two together and called me out on it. I was a shit liar so she caught me. I was planning to tell my parents this weekend because at this point they were the only people who didn't know.

Jordan's mom found out because of Josiah's annoying self.

When I came over he caught us making out in his car and gave us so much shit that his mom overheard and also put two and two together. Jordan had to explain that I would tell my parents on my own time so she didn't blow the whistle.

And honestly I wasn't scared of telling my parents. I was scared of making things real. Things can't hurt you if they don't exist. Everytime someone else found out it made me and Jordan's relationship unavoidable.

My dad would be strict about it but my mom would talk him around so I really wasn't worried about them disapproving. I was really just worried because my heart was out in the open and even though I knew Jordan wouldn't intentionally hurt me he still might. He still could.

***

I had my finger guns in place as the bus roared to a stop but once I peered through the windows my face fell. The man driving my bus was obviously not Ray. I shook it off and I stepped on to scan my card. The driver gave me a strange look and I did my best to ignore it.

Sheesh, I couldn't even be normal for a second. Still embarrassed, I quickly found a spot to park my behind while shooting a confused glance at everyone.

"Where's Ray?" I asked the group at large.

Marcus shrugged.

"We're not sure." Travis said.

I felt the bus come to a halt. I turned to face the front as I watched Jordan get on the bus. He made a confused face at the driver as well but greeted the unknown man anyway. He scanned the bus to meet my eyes and I shrugged. He made his way over to me and a small smile tipped at my lips.

"Hey Jordan," I greeted.

He didn't greet me back, but then again he never had to. The way he lit up when he saw me was the only greeting I really ever needed.

He shot a smile at our bus crew before sitting down next to me. His arm went around my shoulders and he pulled me into him to kiss my forehead. And then he bent his head to stare at my face before breaking out into a grin.

Even with all our history I found myself behaving shyly. With a meek little smile on my face I felt my face get hot as I tried to turn away. He held me in place and his hands came up to frame my chin. And then he laughed softly at the way he smushed my face together before kissing my lips.

"You know we have an audience." I said to him as I pulled away, teasing.

He looked over my head and grinned. "Yeah I know. They gave me so much shit last week that I still feel like I gotta show them you're my girl." He said loudly.

Someone harrumphed in the background.

"You know we can hear you." Annie said.

"That's like kind of the whole point." He shot back.