♛| xliii : i can't see her in pain |

Начните с самого начала

I close my eyes, tired and exhausted and scared and fucking petrified. Seeing, Mishti weep in her sorrows had managed to scare me, to terrify me and to break me.

Over these months, I had developed a very different bond with Mishti, while others were just my friends...Mishti had managed to seep inside the wall I had built around me. She became a companion with whom I shared my problems, peals of laughter and memories. I am lying to her about my identity and my purpose but never had I lied about anything else.

She had helped me study even when I acted ignorant towards my studies, neglected my duties but she never failed to help me.

She is my best friend, and I certainly can't see her in pain.

"Aayat." Ishaan's voice breaks the chain of my thoughts as I open my eyes, turning around to spot Ishaan, Sameer and Garima. Ishaan walks towards me casually, standing next to me. Our shoulders brush, as he blinks his eyes softly at me, ensuring me that he is there. Therefor me.

Nikhil grunts as he faces Garima and starts moving towards her in anger and vexation. I stop him holding his wrist, tugging him to stay back. He turns to look at me, nose flared and gritting his jaw.

"Don't." My voice is low but commanding. He pauses for a moment, thinking about my word and then nods his head unwillingly, as he stands back. Sameer shrugs his head in sheet disappointment, and he takes his position next to Nikhil.

The crescent moon shines over us, as we stand in the shape of a crescent, too- while Garima stands in front of us, alone.

The friend in me is itching to ask her about her health, about how she is feeling right now, but what she had done is so wrong. Extremely wrong. She, of all the people, should have at least thought before cheating on Mishti (her cousin) with Mishti's fiancé.

"Why the fuck did you do this!" Nikhil roars, his fingers fisted and knuckles almost white.

Garima flinches, her body shakes and her hands' shiver. Her eyes not meeting ours, as she gulps before she opens her mouth but closes it soon after. Nothing spews out of her mouth, a blend of guilt and panic painting her face.

"You know what. I don't care. I am leaving, but." Nikhil pauses and walks towards Garima. Pointing his forefinger at her face, "You are not going to be forgiven." Nikhil sounds so angry. His words dripping with insolence and crudeness.

He stomps away growling some gibberish swear words. A fresh tear leaves Garima's eyes, she bites her lips stopping the sob that is threatening to leave her mouth.

"I'll go too," Sameer announces and leaves the garden area. The chirping of crickets and the faint cooing of birds resonate around. The darkness fades a little, allowing the sky to lighten a bit. The blackness softens into an obscure bluish-white.

"A...Aayat." Her voice trembles. I look at her, my face morphing a poker look.

"I am sorry." Her apology's so muzzy and vague. I look at Ishaan, my mind in a terrorising dilemma.

"She has already completed her first trimester," Ishaan tells me. Three months?

"It just happened. We just felt something between us. I had stopped it..but I found that I am pregnant. I was so scared, I just didn't know what to do. I didn't tell him. I couldn't. He is engaged to Mishti..but he found out. Please forgive me?"