[Season 3] Ep. 6 - Unleashed

Four days had passed since the relentless grind of my internship with The Ray commenced. Initially, both Nega and I struggled immensely with the tasks set by our instructor, enduring countless beatings in our one-on-one bouts without landing a solid blow. It was exhausting and exasperating. Despite sensing progress with our quirks, it remained insufficient.

Determined to break through our limitations, we unleashed a newfound fervor over the next two days, embodying the school's motto with gusto. Drawing upon the experiences of our alter egos from preceding days through our muscle memory, Nega's efforts became mine, enabling me to uproot cedar trees and summon cascading water. The following day, it was Nega's turn: my previous day's exploits became his, allowing him to achieve nearly double what I had managed. Though The Ray would never admit it openly, he seemed quietly proud of our strides.

At breakfast on Friday, The Ray dropped a bombshell: if I performed well in today's training, a surprise awaited. Energized by curiosity, I threw myself into the training, defeating The Ray in our morning sparring, uprooting five cedar trees in the forest, and commanding the cascade's water to flow over me, aiming to impress my mentor. As I dried my costume before heading home, The Ray approached, his hand resting on my shoulder.

- "Quickly dry that suit and spruce up, kid. We're heading to the city."

- "The city? Osaka, you mean? Why?"

He leaned in, a smile playing on his lips, punctuating his response with a sly wink.

- "Surprise."

We boarded the train, clad in hero attire, a two-hour journey filled with anticipatory silence, broken only by occasional autograph-seekers who recognized us.

Upon arrival, we weaved through the bustling streets, eventually standing before a towering glass edifice adorned with the neon insignia "HeroTek"—Kazuo's father's company.

Uncertain of our purpose, I followed my mentor, exchanging pleasantries with the receptionist before ascending to the fiftieth floor, a realm dominated by cutting-edge laboratories.

Navigating past numerous workstations, we halted before a closed office door. The Ray knocked, and a male voice invited us in with a gentle "Enter."

- "Apologies for our tardiness, Shiraku. The kid's training ran longer than anticipated," The Ray explained, offering a respectful bow.

- "Come on, it's nothing. It's a pleasure to welcome my oldest friend and client," Shiraku Sogui greeted me with a sincere and warm smile. "You must be the young Ken Sukoku. Shiraku Sogui, pleased to meet you. You surely know my son."

- "Sogui? You must be Kazuo's father. Nice to meet you, Mr. Sogui," I responded respectfully, bowing.

- "Kazuo and The Ray have told me a lot about you. It seems that you have an unusual quirk that, linked to Dissociative Identity Disorder, is finally divided into 2 quirks. What a surprise when The Ray contacted me to send me a sample of your blood to prepare equipment to match this quirk. Follow me."

Still grappling with understanding, I followed him through the bustling labs, my mind swirling with questions.

- "You see, by analyzing the genetic markers linked to the quirk in an individual's blood, it is possible to better understand the future capacities of this quirk. So that's what The Ray did with your blood before sending me the results, and... I must say I was very surprised," Shiraku explained.

- "What do you mean?" I inquired, eager for answers.

- "Well, not content with being divided into 2 opposite quirks according to your personality, it seems that it has much more peculiarity. In reality, Ken, you don't have 2 different quirks but only 1 that your personalities, by separating, have divided. Your real quirk is to create destructive waves linked to the magnetic properties of your body."