[Season 3] Ep. 1 - Time to Pick Some Names!

The Sports Festival had finally drawn to a close, granting us a weekend of freedom to reunite with our families and recharge. I spent those precious two days at my parents' house, surrounded by the warmth of family, including my sister and maternal grandparents who had journeyed to be with us. Despite clinching second place, I felt a surge of pride like never before, as my parents delved into conversations about my aspirations as a future hero—a first for them—while my grandparents beamed with tearful joy, reminiscing about my journey thus far, as if I had already fulfilled my dreams. This brief interlude of tranquility amidst the hustle of student life proved to be a balm for my spirit, especially after the sting of coming in second.

On Monday morning, as I rode the subway back to U.A., my thoughts were abruptly interrupted by a passerby:

- "Hey! You're the kid who made waves at the Sports Festival, right? The one who clinched second place in your first year?"

- "Uh... Yeah, that's me. What can I do for you?" I responded, my voice betraying the nerves of being unexpectedly approached.

- "Wow! I thought you'd be taller. Kid, great job in your last match! You had me on the edge of my seat!"

- "Ah, er... thank you..."

After a flurry of stammering, a quick selfie, and a polite farewell, I finally extricated myself from the awkward encounter and arrived at the imposing gates of U.A. Thankfully, no one else seemed to recognize me, perhaps owing to the ambiguity of my hair and eye color that could easily sow doubt about my identity.

- "Boo!"

Masami's sudden appearance behind me jolted me out of my reverie, evidently having seized the opportunity to play a prank.

- "Aaaah! Masami, seriously, you scared me out of my wits."

- "Sorry, couldn't resist. You looked so lost in thought. Let me guess: grappling with newfound fame?"

- "Yeah, how did you know?"

- "Ahaha, had a feeling. Been there, done that. Hence, my affinity for invisibility. It's a bit ironic for the invisible guy to attract so much attention, don't you think?"

- "Well... I'm not quite used to it yet. Feeling a bit overwhelmed, to be honest."

- "Ah, come on, buddy. Shake it off. Back to dorm life and classes," he exclaimed cheerily, slinging an arm around me as we made our way back to school.

In the bustling classroom, the buzz of post-Festival discussions filled the air as everyone had gathered. Ema, Kaito, and Masako, catching sight of my entrance, sauntered over with mischievous glints in their eyes. Ema, with her usual playfulness, clasped me by the neck, while Kaito delivered a playful tap to my head.

- "So, couldn't muster up the courage to avenge your buddies?" Kaito ribbed.

- "And you manage to injure yourself in the process," Masako chimed in, poking my still-bandaged arm.

- "Argh! Can't help it if I've left it all out there and still fell short!"

Finally released by Ema's grip, I faced her scrutiny as she stood at attention before me.

- "Hmm, sounds like a convenient excuse. What say you, folks?"

- "Oh, come on, big guy! We're just pulling your leg," Masako interjected.

- "Speak for yourself, Masako. I'm genuinely miffed he couldn't clinch first place for us, fallen classmates," Kaito lamented.

- "Sorry, Kaito, but at least you made it to the podium on your own. That's something to be proud of," Masako countered.