[Season 2] Ep. 3 - Cavalry Clash

After a well-deserved break, the 40 students still in contention returned to the stadium, greeted by a raucous crowd. Positioned at the center of the arena was a vast rectangular earthen court, with Nightclaw perched on a raised platform nearby, a screen looming just behind her.

- "Welcome, brave 40, to the second round of the U.A. Sports Festival!" Nightclaw's voice boomed with enthusiasm. "Without further ado, let's unveil the eagerly anticipated second round, which this year is..." She gestured toward the giant screen, displaying the words "Cavalry Battle." "The rules are simple: form teams of four, with one rider and three horses. Each student will be assigned points based on their ranking in the Obstacle Course, ranging from 5 to 205 points, with the exception of the first place, worth a staggering... 10 million points!"

All eyes turned to poor Katsuro, who suddenly felt like a minnow in a sea of hungry sharks.

- "The points for each team will be tallied on the rider's headband," Nightclaw continued, "and your objective is to collect as many points as possible within 30 minutes. Even if you fall or lose your headband, you can continue competing within the time limit. Quirks are permitted, you are not allowed to knock down another team voluntarily, and riders are not allowed to touch the ground voluntarily under penalty of disqualification. Choose your teams wisely, as only the top 4 will advance to the next stage. You have 15 minutes to form your groups. Good luck to you all!"

Amidst the commotion, most students flocked to Kenshin, recognizing that Katsuro's high point value would make him an immediate target, followed by myself with my 205 points. Despite not leading the pack in the obstacle race like Kenshin, I found myself somewhat overlooked. Kenshin, driven by strategy and a fierce determination to win, disregarded personal affinities and instead selected comrades whose quirks piqued his interest.

Thus, Kenshin formed a team comprising Ren Danagai, Kimiko Hitaboru, and Daichi Yona—a group equally adept at offense and defense. On the other hand, Katsuro struggled to rally potential allies, fully aware that his substantial point total made him a prime target. As for me, I had already formulated my team strategy as soon as the rules were announced—a cohesive unit where communication flowed effortlessly and our quirks synergized seamlessly.

Approaching my future teammates, it was evident that they shared my vision.

- "So, Ken, shall we keep it old school, just the four of us?" Masami proposed.

- "After all, who else could synchronize our quirks and strategies as effectively?"I chimed in.

- "You're spot on, mate. We'll wipe the floor with them!" Ema added with a confident grin.

- "I hope I won't be a burden without using my quirk... I'd rather save it for emergencies," voiced Masako, expressing a genuine concern.

- "Don't worry, Masako. Together, we've got this," reassured Ema, enveloping Masami and me in her embrace.

Meanwhile, nearby, Kaito and Shiro observed the scene with a hint of disappointment.

- "Well, Shiro, it seems our dream second-floor team with Ren and Ken has crumbled, but I have an idea to show them we can play in the big leagues too," Kaito remarked, his eyes gleaming with mischief.

- "Really? Who do you have in mind?" inquired Shiro.

- "The only one who could throw a wrench in their plans..." Kaito replied with a smirk.

With determination, the two of them made their way toward Noriaki Rigaku, who lounged alone in a corner, seemingly disinterested.

- "Hey, Noriaki! How about winning without breaking a sweat?" Kaito propositioned him directly.