[Season 2] Ep. 4 - The Showdown Unfolds!

As lunchtime rolled around, my intrepid teammates and I made our way to the bustling cafeteria just outside the stadium, eager to refuel after the morning's exertions. Joining us at our table were three Class 1-B members: Hitoyoshi Akarui, the tall, handsome guy with a quirk that seemed to attract women; Ishin Ajiwau, the stoic stone boy; and Joichi Iuta, the tattooed rebel.

- "So, Masako, it's been ages since elementary school. You've really blossomed," Hitoyoshi remarked, leaning casually on his chair.

- "Yeah, you've become quite the force to be reckoned with. Gone are the days when we had to protect the shy little girl," Ishin chimed in with a playful grin, ruffling Masako's hair.

- "Heh, yeah, I guess I've come a long way since then. You guys have gotten pretty formidable too. You really caught us off guard back there," Masako replied with a smile.

Joichi crossed his arms and scrutinized me and Ema with a critical eye before speaking. 

- "So, Masami, is it because of them that you betrayed us? I fail to see what you and Masako see in these two," he remarked as if Ema and I were invisible.

- "Ah, don't mind him, he's always been a bit jealous," Hitoyoshi interjected with a good-natured chuckle, nudging Joichi playfully.

- "Let's dig in, shall we? Sorry about Joichi, guys. Bon appétit!" Ishin apologized warmly as he ushered Joichi along with him to grab some food.

- "I'll see you in the next round. And I'll show you what Masako's real friends are capable of," Joichi declared before leaving.

The rest of the meal passed without incident, and we ate heartily, trying to push aside any lingering nerves about the upcoming matches.

Once the meal was finished, all the qualifiers gathered in the stadium, where a rectangular concrete platform had been set up with torches in each corner and two thrones facing each other. Nightclaw occupied one throne, while Elemental, our professor of Modern Literature with a unique mutation quirk called Elemental Body, sat in the other. His body was divided into five elements: clouds for his head, sand for his right arm, rock for his left arm, wood for his right leg, and steel for his left leg, making for a striking appearance.

 His body was divided into five elements: clouds for his head, sand for his right arm, rock for his left arm, wood for his right leg, and steel for his left leg, making for a striking appearance

Rising from her throne, Nightclaw addressed the assembled students through her headset microphone, her voice echoing throughout the stadium as she announced the commencement of the final event.

- "Welcome, everyone, to the grand finale of the U.A. Sports Festival! I hope you've all had a chance to refuel and recharge during the break, because this event promises to be the most intense yet: the One-on-One Fighting Tournament! The rules are simple: to win a match, you must incapacitate your opponent by knocking them out, rendering them unable to move, forcing them out of bounds, or compelling them to surrender. While you're free to use your quirks, remember that U.A. prioritizes the well-being of its students, so excessive force will not be tolerated. Elemental and I will be on hand to intervene if necessary. Without further ado, let's reveal the matchups for the Tournament!"