[Season 6] Ep. 8 - A survival test?

As Kaito and I found ourselves locked in a fierce struggle against the puppeteered Ishin and Joichi, manipulated by the devious Envy and Grapnel, Ema and Shiro, oblivious to the unfolding chaos, were mere strides away from completing the course.

- "Man, who knew Masami could pull off such a creepy act with his quirk? I mean, I've known him forever, but I never figured him for a ghost enthusiast," remarked Ema, navigating the forest alongside her companion, clutching their plaque tightly.

- "Yeah, but those illusions from Kinatsu were the absolute worst. Gave me the heebie-jeebies, like something out of a horror flick!" Shiro chimed in.

- "Oh, I saw how it rattled you. Never thought I'd hear you scream like that! Ha ha ha!" Ema teased, her laughter echoing through the trees.

- "Aw, cut me some slack! Anyone would jump out of their skin in that situation," Shiro retorted, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

As they trekked through the forest, Ema's keen feline senses detected a new scent wafting through the air.

- "Sniff, sniff. Do you smell that? Something sweet, maybe sugary?" Ema inquired, her nose twitching.

- "Sniff, sniff. Hmm... no, not really. Why?" replied Shiro, puzzled by her sudden alertness.

But before Shiro could comprehend her warning, Ema stumbled and collapsed to the forest floor, her eyes struggling against an overwhelming fatigue. It was evident that her heightened sense of smell had been overpowered by something potent.

- "Shiro... Sleepy... Gas..." she managed to utter before succumbing to unconsciousness.

Reacting swiftly, Shiro drew in a deep breath, his instincts kicking in. With a forceful burp, he expelled a powerful gust of air towards the ground, dispersing the colorless sleepy gas lingering in the vicinity.

- "Nobody in Class 1-B has that kind of quirk... So, it's an attack, then? But how? I need to alert the teachers! Hang in there, Ema. I'll bring help soon!" he vowed, determination shining in his eyes as he prepared to sprint towards the course's end.

In an instant, a woman in her early twenties materialized behind Shiro, hauling the unconscious bodies of Masami and Kinatsu. She sported a sleek, sleeveless purple bodysuit crafted from a glossy, flexible fabric adorned with vivid green trim. Her hood, emblazoned with intricate green and purple bubble patterns on the inside, concealed her head, while her purple boots with matching green cuffs completed her ensemble. A military belt, laden with numerous pockets, encircled her waist, contrasting with the elegance of her necklace, adorned with green and purple beads reminiscent of the bubbles on her hood. Yet, it was not her costume or slender frame that seized Shiro's attention the most. It was the grotesque pustules peppering her skin, resembling a ghastly outbreak.

 It was the grotesque pustules peppering her skin, resembling a ghastly outbreak

- "Don't move, kid. If you don't want your friends to face a more lethal dose of my 'nice' gas, I suggest you surrender immediately," she intoned with sinister calmness.