[Season 1] Ep. 6 - Dorm Room Showdown!

After a rejuvenating break, I ventured downstairs to the common room, eager to mingle with my fellow dormmates and perhaps make some new friends. As I descended to the first floor, the dimly lit bay window caught my eye, signaling that evening had crept upon us without notice. Stepping into the spacious common area, I found the group gathered on the sofas, their faces lit up with anticipation as if awaiting my grand entrance.

- "Ah! The prodigal roommate returns!" Ema exclaimed with a grin, drawing everyone's attention to my arrival.

- "Uh, did I miss something?" I stammered, feeling slightly overwhelmed by the sudden attention.

- "It's time for a little decorating showdown, buddy!" Shiro chimed in enthusiastically, clapping me on the back with a friendly thud.

- "Huh? What do you mean?" I inquired, puzzled.

- "We're having a room decoration contest! Ema thought it'd be a fun way for us to bond," Masako explained, beaming with excitement.

- "Ah, um... okay. Did everyone agree to this?" I asked, still trying to wrap my head around the idea.

- "Let's just say Ema's infectious enthusiasm—and her slightly terrifying stare—left us with little choice..." Kaito muttered darkly.

- "Well, now that everyone's on board, what are we waiting for? Let the room raiding begin, starting with the boys' wing!" Ema declared, sparking a chorus of agreement from the group.

With a newfound sense of purpose, we charged up the stairs to the second floor, eager to begin our expedition. Our first stop: Shiro's room. Standing sheepishly in front of his door, Shiro offered a hesitant invitation:

- "Uh, sorry for the mess. I wasn't expecting visitors, so, uh, bear with me. Well... here goes nothing," he mumbled as he pushed open the door.

Despite only having settled in a few hours earlier, Shiro's room was already a whirlwind of chaos. Empty soda cans littered the floor, mingling with his unmade bed and cluttered wooden desk adorned with stacks of manga. In one corner, a beanbag sat before a small TV perched on a makeshift stand, surrounded by a trove of gaming consoles and controllers. A handful of framed photos of his cat on his bedside table offered glimpses into his life outside these walls.

- "Here you go. This is where I live..." said Shiro softly, hands in his pockets, looking away, a little embarrassed.

- "Well, it's definitely... you," Ema remarked, unsure of what else to say.

- "Pff dirty and lousy like him yeah." Kenshin muttered from the staircase, his disdain evident as he exchanged a knowing glance with Kenichi, both evidently unenthusiastic about the competition.

Then came the nerve-wracking moment when it was my turn to showcase my humble abode. With butterflies fluttering in my stomach and a knot of anticipation in my throat, I stood before my door, hand poised on the handle, bracing myself—almost—to unveil my sanctuary to the scrutiny of my peers.

- "Um, well... I mean, I was just resting a moment ago, so, uh, the bed's not exactly made, and the curtains are drawn, but otherwise, it's, uh, mostly tidy. Hope you guys like it," I mumbled, offering a nervous smile before turning the handle and flicking on the light.

One by one, my classmates entered, their eyes scanning my posters, figurines, and comics, dissecting every detail of my room.

- "Aw, this is adorable. Classic comic book geek territory," Masako remarked, grinning at me and causing a warm flush to spread across my cheeks.