[Season 5] Ep. 1 - Arrival at I-Island!

As our plane descended, the magnificent contours of an artificial island emerged, encircled by a colossal wall. Three hexagonal islands, linked by expansive roads, encased a central tower that loomed over the landscape.

The sight was breathtaking. I could hardly believe I was about to set foot on such hallowed ground. Just days ago, I hadn't even known of its existence. The thought of being part of this exclusive event in the heroic world sent shivers down my spine. For someone like me, who had never flown or ventured far from home, it felt like stepping into a dream.

Stepping off the plane in our hero attire alongside Ema, Mari, and Kazuo, I found myself increasingly awestruck by the island's technological marvels as we passed through rigorous security scans.

- "Wow! The security measures and technology here are mind-blowing!" I exclaimed, marveling at our surroundings.

- "You bet, Ken! I-Island isn't just a tech marvel; it's also one of the most secure places on Earth, on par with Tartarus or U.A.!" Kazuo chimed in, his eyes gleaming with excitement.

- "I'll take your word for it, Kazuo. With all these security doors, cameras, and those quirky patrol drones, I definitely feel safer than ever," Ema remarked, eyeing the surveillance drones with a mixture of curiosity and caution.

- "Those drones serve both surveillance and defense purposes, Ema. But when they're in patrol mode like this, they pose no threat," Mari explained, just as a guide from the exposition approached us, ready to lead the way.

- "Well, I can see we're among the informed crowd. Welcome, young heroes, to the I-Expo! I'm Karen Smith, and I'm at your service. If you need anything or have questions about the venue, just give me a holler. It's all part of the package with Mr. Sukoku's premium ticket," the woman introduced herself with a warm smile.

- "Ah, uh, that's me! Nice to meet you, Miss Smith. And thanks for the warm welcome. But, um, how did you know it was me?" I asked, a hint of curiosity in my voice.

- "It's simple. With the entrance scan, the I-Island staff can keep tabs on who comes and goes, along with all the relevant info about each person," she explained casually.

- "Wow, that's impressive!" I exclaimed, sharing a look of awe with Ema.

- "Would you like to learn more about I-Island and the I-Expo?" Miss Smith offered, her eyes twinkling with enthusiasm.

- "Yes, absolutely!" Ema and I chorused eagerly, much to the amusement of Mari and Kazuo, who watched our excitement with fond amusement.

- "What enthusiasm! Well, as you probably know, I-Island is a moving artificial paradise, home to over 10,000 quirk researchers. Here, we host the annual I-Expo, where researchers showcase their cutting-edge tech to a select audience of Pro Heroes and civilians with quirk permits. The island is divided into four cities, each with its own unique vibe. There's the bustling residential district, packed with hotels and restaurants; the bustling business hub where sponsor companies thrive, along with the Pavilion, a colossal museum showcasing the island's tech history. And then there's the I-Island Academy, the scientific powerhouse akin to U.A. All of this is overseen by the towering Central Tower, the heart of research and security, standing tall with over 200 floors where the grand receptions take place."

The guide's words painted a vivid picture, but the sight of the Central Tower looming above us left me in awe. The excitement of the expo clashed beautifully with the serious reputation I had imagined for a scientific island.

- "This place is unbelievable! I don't even know where to begin; there's so much I want to see!" I exclaimed, feeling like a kid on Christmas morning.