[Season 1] Ep. 10 - The Class's Choice

16:10, the day's trials finally concluded, granting us respite and the chance to retreat to dorms for some much-needed rest after our intense training. Upon arrival, I slumped onto the couch like a weary zombie, craving nothing more than the embrace of sleep. Before my tired body could fully settle onto the plush cushions, Shiro and Ren bounded over the backrest, crowding around me to offer their congratulations.

- "Dude, that fight of yours was off the charts! You're an absolute beast!" Shiro exclaimed, his excitement palpable.

- "Yeah, you were incredible out there! A true spectacle!" Ren chimed in, his enthusiasm matching Shiro's.

- "Oh... thanks..." I managed, drained of energy.

- "That battle was seriously epic. I just wish I could've pulled off something similar in mine..." Kaito lamented, a tinge of disappointment coloring his tone as he leaned against the kitchen counter.

- "Come on, Kaito, don't sell yourself short! Your support was crucial, and your moves were slick as hell!" Daichi interjected, offering Kaito an encouraging pat on the shoulder. "Honestly, everyone brought their A-game today. We're a class like no other, and I'm damn proud to be a part of it. We're destined for greatness, mark my words," he proclaimed, addressing the group.

- "I couldn't agree more with Daichi. Some of us really pushed the boundaries, forcing our opponents to step up their game. But let's not forget, it was just a drill. There's no need to take it to the extreme like Ken and Kenshin did. We're supposed to be a team, not rivals," Manami chimed in, her voice carrying a maternal concern as she glanced at Kenshin and me.

An awkward silence settled over the room until Ema, unable to bear the tension, spoke up:

- "Alright, folks, it's been a long day. Let's whip up dinner early and hit the hay. I reckon we're all dead tired, so no need to drag this out. Losers, you're on cooking and dish duty. Sound good?"

As the defeated rose to their feet, I approached Kenshin, placing a hand on his shoulder.

- "Um... Kenshin... I want to apologize for what happened. I'll take over cooking and dish duty as a gesture of goodwill. Will that suffice?" I asked, feeling sheepish and remorseful for Nega's actions.

He shrugged off my hand, turning away and refusing to meet my gaze.

- "Whatever. But this changes nothing between us. I'll get my payback and prove you're no hero," he spat, his words dripping with resentment.

After preparing the meal, sharing it with the group, and scrubbing the dishes clean, I retreated to the bathroom for a refreshing shower, reflecting on the challenging day. I hoped Nega's behavior hadn't tarnished my reputation with Ultra Bright and that one day, I could rein him in, if only to mend things with Kenshin.

After a well-deserved night's rest, we all shuffled into our classroom for our daily rendezvous with Nocturn, scheduled from 8:25 to 8:35. As we trickled in one by one, our sensei greeted us with his customary serious demeanor, already settled at his desk.

- "Good morning, everyone," Nocturn began, his tone businesslike. "First off, I've received the results from yesterday's exercise with Ultra Bright, and I'm pleased to announce that you all passed with flying colors, according to him." His gaze shifted, focusing intently on me. "However, Ken, I need to address your behavior. While your quirk may influence your personality, it's no excuse for lack of control. Remember, your actions reflect on yourself and the school." I nodded solemnly, feeling a pang of shame as his words sank in. "Now, moving on, I'll be back at 3:20 for a special class session to elect our class representatives. Think it over. That's all for now. Have a good day." With that, he briskly exited the room, leaving us to ponder his words.