[Season 2] Ep. 6 - Round One's Epic End!

Kaito made his way to the waiting room, snatching a hefty flask from his locker and downing its contents in a single gulp—milk, vital fuel for his quirk. As the tension of his impending match mounted, he settled onto the bench, akin to a gladiator preparing for battle, taking deep breaths to steady his nerves and strategize his approach.

Minutes ticked by until finally, the moment arrived. With cheers echoing in the stadium, Kaito and Ishin stepped onto the battlefield, the crowd's energy palpable. Light Up seized his microphone, wasting no time in announcing:

- "Behold our valiant contenders for the sixth match! In one corner, we have Kaito Karetsuin, the featherweight firebrand from Class 1-A, facing off against Ishin Ajiwau, the stone-cold warrior from Class 1-B! It's bound to be an epic clash!"

Nightclaw ascended from her throne as Kaito and Ishin assumed their combat stances:

- "Fighters, ready? Begin!"

With a swift motion, Kaito surged forward, his right leg leading the charge. He pivoted on his supporting leg, aiming a blistering backhand kick at Ishin's head.

But Ishin reacted swiftly, activating his quirk to shield his face with a barrier of smooth rock just in time to absorb the blow. With Kaito's leg now within his grasp, Ishin retaliated with a punishing kick to the ribs.

Anticipating the move, Kaito deftly adjusted his stance, using his own reinforced ribcage as a countermeasure, then followed through with a forceful elbow strike, forcing Ishin to recoil in pain.

Unbeknownst to Ishin, he had fallen into Kaito's trap, confirming the latter's hypothesis about the limitations of his opponent's quirk. A sly grin flickered across Kaito's face.

Fueled by irritation, Ishin advanced, his right fist solidified, and launched a jab straight at Kaito's stomach. But Kaito anticipated the move, swiftly pivoting to Ishin's right. Seizing the opportunity, Ishin used his solidified fist as an anchor, harnessing centrifugal force to sweep Kaito's legs from under him. With Kaito grounded, Ishin lunged forward, delivering a powerful jab to his face, sending shockwaves rippling through Kaito's body.

Despite the blow, Kaito, bones fortified by the effect of milk on his quirk, summoned his resilience. With a swift knee thrust, he dislodged Ishin from his position atop him, utilizing his quirk to inflict further damage with his patella.

As both combatants rose to their feet, a charged silence enveloped the arena, each sizing up the other's next move.

- "Your bony quirk is impressive, but it won't save you from my solidification," Ishin taunted.

- "You haven't seen anything yet," Kaito retorted with unwavering determination.

With a fierce battle cry, Kaito unleashed his next move. Channeling his quirk, he extended his ulna outward like lethal blades, bracing himself on his right leg before hurtling forward, spinning like a whirlwind of razor-sharp blades.

- "Ossuary Tornado!" he bellowed as he surged forth.

In a split-second reaction, Ishin assumed a Sumo stance and activated his quirk, encasing his entire body in a rocky bastion.

- "Rocky Bastion!" he countered.

Kaito's onslaught collided with Ishin's fortress, the razor blades of his ulna skidding harmlessly against the impenetrable rock. Though unscathed, Ishin found himself immobilized by the weight of his rocky armor. Seizing the opportunity, Kaito drove his ulna into the minuscule crevices between Ishin's stone encasement along his joints, embedding them deep into his flesh.