[Season 5] Ep. 9 - Awakening

Just before Katsuro's sudden entrance, amidst Kazuo's skirmish with the Doc, our allies in the Labs were hard at work, rallying to aid us with haste. 

While Ryouji focused on cracking his father's safe using the inherited code, Katsuro, still reeling from his bout with Obsidian, rushed to ensnare the villains with the Labs' gadgets, his uncertainty about their usage apparent. Ema and Chichi leaned against a nearby fixture, struggling to muster their strength, their quirks having drained them entirely. Meanwhile, Masako tended to Joichi, who, although weakened, remained resilient.

- "Masako, it's fine. I'll be okay once my cards regenerate. Just need a bit of time," Joichi reassured her.

- "But you're covered in blood, Joichi! I can't leave you like this. Hold on..." Masako swiftly tore a strip from her dress, fashioning a makeshift bandage with surprising skill. "There. Try to stay still."

- "Heh. You haven't changed since elementary school, Masako. Still playing the mother hen, huh?" Joichi chuckled, met with a playful wink from Masako.

With the safe finally cracked, Ryouji retrieved the precious Quirk Resonator.

- "We've got it! We need to get it to the others, fast. Hopefully, it's not too late," Ryouji announced.

- "Hand it over. I'm the only one fit enough to make it there in time. I'll go," Katsuro insisted urgently.

- "Wait, Katsuro! You won't make it back alone. Let me help you. I've got an idea," Masako interjected.

After a brief explanation of her plan, Katsuro and Masako positioned themselves on the roof of the Labs.

- "Ready?" Katsuro asked.

- "More than ever!" Masako replied, her resolve unwavering.

- "Then, let's do this!" Channeling the full extent of his extrusion powers, Katsuro erected the tallest column ever seen, soaring nearly 50 meters into the sky.

However, reaching the Control Room atop the Central Tower remained a daunting task. They anticipated this challenge. Harnessing the momentum from Katsuro's towering creation, Masako activated her quirk, doubling her muscle mass. As they reached the pinnacle of their ascent, she seized Katsuro by the legs and launched him toward their destination with tremendous force—a human weight throw of epic proportions.

As Masako paused to recover atop her pillar, the unsettling effects of Mag and Elek's fusion reverberated through her. She sensed trouble brewing and couldn't stand idly by. With resolve, she activated her quirk once more and threw herself into the fray, prepared for whatever awaited her.

Before her eyes lay a scene of utter chaos. Kazuo, battered and sprawled on the ground, looked up in shock. Above him, where the ceiling once stood, loomed a massive hole leading to the Tower's roof, debris cascading down.

- "Kazuo?! What in the world happened here?" Masako demanded.

- "Elek... Elek and Mag... they fused, and... that thing... it caused this... It... took Ken and Katsuro with it..." Kazuo replied, visibly drained.

- "Where?!" Masako pressed, urgency creeping into her voice.

In response, Kazuo wordlessly gestured toward the vast void, his expression wrought with terror.

Without hesitation, Masako surged forward, her legs transforming once more to propel her skyward. The intensity of the moment spurred her quirk, causing her horns to regrow almost instantly, a testament to the overwhelming stress of the situation.