[Season 4] Ep. 4 - Unyielding Resolve

Nega rose from pinning Nocturn to the ground, sporting a wide grin while the teacher got to his feet, his pride momentarily overshadowed by his thirst for payback. As Yuka was escorted to the infirmary, Nega and I strode towards the control tower like victorious warriors, brimming with satisfaction over our performance.

Regaining composure, I reverted my hair and eyes from their vibrant blue to their usual red before entering the control room, where Masako and Kenshin were still engrossed in the screens. Masako greeted me with a proud smile, a stark contrast to Kenshin's disdainful glare.

- "Well done, Ken! I had faith in you all along! But it's unfortunate for poor Yuka... Looks like she might not make the cut, considering her grades..." Masako remarked.

- "Hmph, only the worthy ones succeed. Grades mean nothing," Kenshin interjected dismissively.

- "Oh, so now you consider Ken to be one of the worthy ones? That's progress," Masako teased, her words laced with subtle sarcasm, eliciting only a silent grimace from Kenshin.

It was now Daichi and Kimiko's turn to face their test against Model R., who insisted it take place in her favorite arena: the USJ. Arriving at the scene by bus, the duo found themselves near the fountain in the center of the USJ, with Model R. looming over them from the top of the stairs leading to the exit.

- "Damn it! I didn't expect us to end up in a closed dome! Dealing with her quirk, which affects large areas, is going to be tricky," Daichi grumbled.

- "Relax, Black Dragon. I'm sure we can still figure something out. There are plenty of bugs around here, and besides, you've got your new technique," Kimiko reassured him.

- "Yeah, but let's remember, it's only a last resort," Daichi cautioned as the bell signaling the start of the test rang out, with Model R. waiting for them with a confident smile.

- "No time to think, let's go!" Daichi exclaimed, launching himself towards the exit with Kimiko on his back.

But before they could make any progress, Model R. leaped off the stairs, transforming into a living tornado and hurling the duo back to where they started.

- "Living Tornado!"

- "Argh! I knew that wouldn't work, but we had to try," Kimiko groaned, feeling the weight of her teammate on top of her.

- "Haha! Well said, Insect Queen. After all, no risk, no reward. It's time to wrap this up!" Model R. taunted as she transformed her right arm into a red tornado aimed at the fountain where the pair had landed.

Reacting swiftly, Daichi slithered to the right like a reptile while Kimiko rolled to the left, narrowly evading the attack.

Seeming perfectly coordinated, Daichi nodded at Kimiko, who let out a powerful whistle that echoed through the air before proudly announcing the name of her new attack.

- "Call of the Underworld!" Suddenly, a horde of crawling insects burst forth from the ground, swarming around Model R.'s legs.

- "Nice try, but I'm a professional hero after all," Model R. retorted, swiftly transforming her legs into tornadoes, sending Kimiko's insects scattering as she ascended into the air.

However, it was all part of the plan. While Model R. was preoccupied with the insects, she failed to notice Daichi silently creeping up behind her. With swift agility, he launched into the air at the same moment as she did, executing a forward spin and delivering a powerful tail strike to the robotic skull of the crimson-clad heroine.

- "Draconian Air Whip!"

With Model R. now grounded, Daichi and Kimiko pounced on her, using their combined strength and Kimiko's insects to immobilize her, while Daichi swiftly retrieved the handcuffs and secured them around their teacher's wrists. But before they could finish, Model R. regained her senses and transformed into a massive human tornado, flinging the students, insects, and handcuffs away.