[Season 6] Ep. 9 - Counterattack and New Threats

As the clash between Kenshin's group and the formidable Sucker Punch intensified, Kaito and I found ourselves pushed deeper into the forest, relentlessly pursued by Joichi and Ishin under the enemy's control.

- "Damn it! We need to figure this out, and fast, Kaito! Dodging won't cut it forever. We have to hit back!" I panted, desperation creeping into my voice.

-"I hear you, Ken, and I've got a plan brewing. Just keep them off my back!" Kaito's response was resolute.

Without a moment's hesitation, Kaito materialized blade-like extensions from his ulnas, transforming his arms into lethal weapons. With a swift and determined stride, he charged straight at Ishin. The sudden onslaught drew Joichi's attention away from me, redirecting his focus towards Kaito, who was now his prime target. Joichi readied a fresh barrage of his razor-sharp playing cards, poised to strike.

Kaito surged forward in a whirlwind of motion, his bone blades gleaming menacingly in the dappled forest light. With precision and agility, he executed a series of slashing maneuvers. One blade aimed for Ishin's inner thigh, while the other, seemingly less lethal but no less threatening, arced towards the crown of his skull.

- "Ossuary Gust!" Kaito's battle cry rang out as he launched himself into the fray.

As Kaito lunged towards Ishin, Joichi unleashed a relentless barrage of sharp cards aimed directly at him. With lightning reflexes, I sprang into action, spinning my yoyos equipped with attraction zones between Kaito and the lethal projectiles.

- "Freestyle Yoyo: Deflection Shield!" I roared, my attack intercepting and diverting the deadly cards away from Kaito.

Meanwhile, under the enemy's control, Ishin manipulated his Quirk to erect a formidable barrier of rock, shielding his head but leaving his leg exposed. Kaito seized the opportunity, delivering a swift but shallow cut to Ishin's vulnerable limb.

- "Good... One final test!" Kaito muttered to himself, his gaze fixing on Joichi.

With determination blazing in his eyes, he turned towards our assailant, extending all ten fingers and unleashing a barrage of phalanges aimed at Joichi's limbs.

- "Phalangeal Dispersion!" Kaito shouted as his attack surged forth, aiming to incapacitate Joichi's ability to fight.

In a flash, Joichi swiftly recalled his previously thrown cards, reshaping them into a makeshift shield to protect his face. While the shield deflected the worst of Kaito's assault, the rest of Joichi's body was grazed by the razor-sharp phalanges.

- "That's it! I think I've figured it out!" Kaito exclaimed triumphantly. "Let's retreat!"

Without hesitation, I swung my yoyo, equipped with an attraction zone, at Kaito's back, reeling him in like a fishing rod as we continued our retreat, still pursued by our comrades.

- "Explain yourself, Kaito! What did you understand?" I asked, panting for breath.

- "Their heads! They always protect their heads no matter what. That's probably the weak point of the enemy's control," he conjectured, matching my pace as we fled.

- "You're sure it's not just because the head is the most vulnerable part of the body to take damage?" I countered, skepticism coloring my tone.

- "I'm willing to bet on it. I know Ishin, and he'd never have created such a thick layer of rock just to defend against the weak attack I was planning on his skull. He could've covered his entire body with rock and suffered zero damage. Prioritizing his head to this extent makes no sense."