[Season 1] Ep. 1 - Ken Sukoku: Origin

In a world where 80% of mankind possesses superpowers, called Quirks, a so-far chimerical profession was born: that of Super-Hero. Thus, for several decades, heroes and villains have been fighting each other relentlessly, creating chaos all over the world. But in this chaos appeared a beacon of hope, a symbol of peace and justice, Ultra Bright. In just a few short years after graduating from high school, this relentless hero has achieved the impossible by bringing peace and balance to the now-transformed society.

I, Ken Sukoku, with red eyes and hair as fiery as my spirit, was born into this world with a unique quirk. The first part of this quirk was revealed when I was only 4 years old and suddenly allowed me to attract any object in a small area around me, like a magnet. I remember then how proud my parents were of me:

- "Can you believe it? He's the first one in his class whose quirk activated!" they used to tell to their friends. 

I was like their little prodigy, pampered by my family not only for activating my quirk very early compared to others but also for my good grades at school.

But, 4 years later, the second part of my quirk was activated. While I was being pushed around for the umpteenth time by little rascals from my primary school because of my grades, my eyes and hair suddenly turned blue, and my behavior, along with my quirk, changed. Feeling invaded by hatred and a certain desire to harm, I threw myself at them and landed a punch, reinforced by a mini repulsion zone activated by my modified quirk, sending my little harassers' jaws spinning.

Once the kids were gone and I calmed down, my hair and eyes returned to their original color, along with my true personality. However, it was too late; my actions had caught the attention of the teachers, who then called my parents.

Since the activation of the second part of my quirk, people in my class started avoiding me, looking at me with eyes full of fear and disgust. My parents' behavior towards me also changed. I had always wanted to follow in the footsteps of my favorite hero, Ultra Bright, but now my parents didn't want me to become a real professional hero anymore, claiming that my quirk was far too dangerous for myself and others and that no one would accept a hero with a dual personality. So they began to curb my dreams, trying to steer me towards their profession, the restaurant business, which I loathed, to say the least. 

From then on, it was only for my sister, Yoko, 2 years younger than me. She could do what she wanted, my parents always supported her despite her catastrophic school results, while I, the model son and first in the class, was reduced to never being able to do the job of my dreams. So, of course, I closed myself off, always staying alone, locked in my room, or staying in a lonely corner at school to read my comics or play my game console. 

Luckily, in my misfortune, I still had my grandparents. They never stopped believing in me, even when Nega arrived (the negative personality, opposite to mine, that takes possession of me when the second part of my quirk is activated). They always encouraged me to believe in myself and my dreams, believing that by helping others, I would one day find someone capable of helping me master Nega. And it was by following this precious advice that I met my first best friend in middle school, Masami Hikoku.

When I met Masami in the second year of middle school, he was slightly chubby, with light brown hair and green eyes. He was always dressed in large clothes to hide his curves and usually wore a green hoodie with cream pants and black high shoes. As the youngest of two older sisters, Masami often felt like a pawn in their games, growing up to be shy, naive, and introverted. His quirk didn't help him stand out from the crowd either. Indeed, Masami's quirk allowed him, and the thin things in direct contact with him, to become completely invisible to others while he could see himself with his activated quirk. But on the other hand, his quirk requires a lot of concentration and energy, which can tire him to the point of fainting. Fearing this counterpart very much, Masami was only able to make himself invisible at 75%, causing mockery from some students.

One day, when Masami was once again being bullied because of his quirk and being called a "useless ghost" and a failure, I sprang into action, rushing to his rescue without a second thought, placing myself between him and his persecutors. Threatening them with the use of Nega, the little punks ran away grumbling: 

- "You won't always be there to protect him!"

I then turned to Masami and smiled at him to give him confidence and ask him if he was okay. He smiled, a little embarrassed, and thanked me for my help. As I prepared to leave, not wanting to overstay my welcome, Masami called out to thank me. His words, though simple, touched me deeply: 

- "You know, I think your quirk is cool. I would have liked to have one like that..."

It was from there that we started to get to know each other and quickly became friends.

The following day, the bullies struck again, waiting until the end of gym class to corner Masami and me outside the locker room. Being always the last 2 to go out, too shy to change in front of the others, they could easily jump on us and control us on the ground while everyone was gone. 

Well, almost everyone. Ema Yorokobi, nicknamed the middle school lioness, came out of the girls' locker room at the same time and, seeing us both in distress, she used her quirk to ignite her lion's mane which fell on the back of our aggressors and burned them slightly but enough to make them run away for good. It was incredible. For the first time, we had the upper hand and it felt good to be avenged. Like a weight lifted from our chest. 

As I stood up with Masami, we thanked our savior who also didn't like this kind of heartless and brainless morons. Being brought together by this unfortunate event, we began to hang out and get closer, becoming a real group of three friends who had been saved by Ema.

Ema was indeed a bit of our protector because, with her large build and tomboy look as well as her lion's mane ( yeah, literally), she frightened most of the boys in the class. Ema embodied athleticism and directness. She refused to be trampled upon, standing out with her fiery lion's mane, piercing blue eyes, and unmistakable presence. Ema became like this because, being the younger of her 2 sisters, much older than her, she did everything she could to get noticed by her parents and became a little girl who was a bit turbulent. But despite everything she was a very caring and devoted friend who shared the same dream as Masami and I, to become a professional heroine.

United by this common dream, when the day came to choose our future high school, we chose together to attend U.A., the super-heroic high school where Ultra Bright would teach next fall. Wanting to put all the chances on our side, we spent absolutely all of our free time and holidays training together for the U.A. entrance exam. Indeed, while Ema was in charge of physically training us with hard sports exercises concocted by her, Masami and I were preparing lots of different exercises to improve our grades and have a better academic record to at least be pre-selected to participate in the practical exam.

The long-awaited day has finally arrived! After all this training, we finally had in our hands the famous letter confirming or not that we passed the written exam. I then took my phone and made an appointment with the others in front of the middle school to open our envelopes together. Barely 5 minutes later, we were meeting, the 3 of us together, and, without waiting, we opened them all at once, before taking out the precious contents. After a few minutes of reading, we all jumped for joy. Exuberant cheers erupted as we all discovered our acceptance into the U.A. entrance exam!

Important warning: If you read this fanfiction on any other website than Wattpad, please report its so-called "author" as it is plagiarism. You can find my original work here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/211417898-my-hero-academia-au-gemini%27s-story