[Season 2] Ep. 8 - Friends' Fierce Fights!

Arriving at the stadium's infirmary, Nega slowly regained consciousness, our body aching from the intense battle. As he stirred in his bed, he found himself next to Masako.

- "Oh, damn, this headache..." Nega groaned, rubbing our temples. "I preferred it when the other one had to deal with this pain...

Masako couldn't help but chuckle at his complaint.

- "So, you're Nega, huh? Nice to finally meet you," she said, her voice laced with amusement.

Turning to face Masako, Nega observed her bedridden form, noticing the two small horns protruding from her forehead.

- "Ah, I recognize you. You're the horned girl from our victorious battle against Kenshin and Ultra Bright. I must admit, I expected you to be... tougher," Nega remarked, his curiosity piqued.

Masako let out a coughing laugh, wincing slightly from the pain in her ribs.

- "Yeah, you could say that. My quirk tends to alter my appearance and demeanor, turning me into quite the beast. But I assumed since Ken knew, you would too."

- "Not quite. I only have access to the information I'm interested in when we're co-piloting this body. If it doesn't catch my attention, I'll have vague recollections, like Ken calls it, 'dissociative amnesia.'"

- "Ah, I see. So, this is our first proper introduction, then. Pleasure to meet you, Nega. Are you planning to continue with the rest of the festival?"

- "Seems like it. The other one wants to test me, and your teachers seem interested too," Nega replied, a determined glint in his eyes. "And I intend to prove myself to the world." Surprisingly, Masako found herself smiling at his renewed resolve.

- "That's great! I'm really glad things are working out between you and Ken. I hope you win, either you or Ema," Masako added before Nega could respond, her sincerity shining through.

Taken aback by her words, Nega turned to face her.

- "Huh? Why's that?"

- "Because we're friends," Masako replied simply, turning her attention to the infirmary's TV screen as the next match was about to begin. "Look, it's Masami and Daichi's turn!"

- "Following the thrilling first match, we now move on to the second bout of the quarter-final phase, featuring Daichi Yona, the Class 1-A dragon, against Masami Hikoku, the Class 1-B invisible man!" exclaimed Light Up with his characteristic enthusiasm.

As the two students stepped onto the fighting platform, their determination evident in their eyes, Nightclaw rose from her referee's throne and announced:

- "Fighters, are you ready? Fight!"

Daichi assumed a defensive stance as Masami charged towards him, disappearing completely a few yards away using his quirk. Sensing the impending attack, Daichi unleashed a powerful gust with his wings, stirring up dust to unveil Masami's position.

Masami, sensing that he had been spotted, quickly deactivated his quirk, lessening the strain on his powers. Meanwhile, Daichi pivoted on himself, his long scaly tail sweeping towards Masami, knocking him off balance and sending him to the ground.

Seizing the opportunity, Daichi lunged at Masami, grabbing his wrists and ankles, attempting to sink his teeth into his right shoulder. However, Masami reacted swiftly, making his head and shoulders invisible, before delivering a powerful headbutt to Daichi's temple, forcing him to release his hold in pain.

Capitalizing on his advantage, Masami followed up with a knee strike to Daichi's ribs, allowing him to disengage and roll to the side before disappearing once more. Daichi quickly regained his footing, preparing to flap his wings again.