[Season 5] Ep. 5 - Skirmishes

At the pinnacle of the Central Tower, we huddled around the elevator doors on the top floor, poised for action. Kazuo and Kenichi positioned themselves "below" the door, ready to pry it open, while Mari and Kenshin stood at the ready as backup on either side of the entrance. And then there was me, clinging to the ceiling with my "Spider-Man" grip, primed to strike from above.

- "You guys ready?" Kazuo whispered, met with a chorus of nods before we sprang into action.

With a deft touch, Kazuo unlocked the door with his quirk, catching the attention of the guards stationed outside who swiftly turned towards the noise.

- "Freeze!" they shouted, raising their weapons, setting off our rapid response.

Kenshin unleashed a single powerful blow, forcing the door open with a resounding crash, granting me access to the hallway above. With only my feet adhered to the ceiling, I extended my hands, generating a potent gravitational field that disarmed the bewildered guards.

- "Leviosa, your cue!" I called out.

Releasing my grip, Mari's telekinesis surged forward, knocking out the guards with their own weapons in a swift, decisive motion, akin to a deadly orchestra conductor. Meanwhile, Kenichi made his entrance, using his whiskers to immobilize the guards and their weapons before swiftly entangling them in the elevator cables, courtesy of Kazuo's quirk, ensuring no mishaps once the Central Tower was back in operation.

Aware that we might have been caught, Kazuo risked tapping into a surveillance camera while we positioned ourselves on either side of the door, primed for action.

- "I spot four villains in total," Kazuo whispered urgently before hastily disconnecting to avoid detection. "One's looking like a doc at the security post, flanked by two others. There's a guy crackling with electricity, and another made of metal. And then there's a lady making her rounds armed with something different from the guards we took out."

With Kazuo's intel in mind, Kenshin, muscles loaded with air, lunged through the door at the guy manning the security. But the man didn't even flinch, uttering just one word: "Elek."

In a flash, the electrically charged villain named Elek darted between Kenshin and the doc, forming a human shield.

- "Jet Punch!"

- "Tesla Barrier!" Kenshin's fist met the crackling barrier, scorching his skin.

Seizing the moment, Elek grabbed Kenshin's wrist, hurtling him across the room like a ragdoll.

- "Inflate!" Kenichi leaped into action, hoping to cushion Kenshin's crash, wrapping him in his whiskers to break his fall.

- "Not so fast, furry-face." The villain with a different weapon aimed at Kenichi's whiskers, launching a grappling hook that snagged her into the tangle of hair. "Discharge!" With a crackle, her body erupted with static electricity, dispersing Kenichi's hairy cushion, sending him crashing into the wall alongside Kenshin.