[Season 2] Ep. 11 - Rivals Clash!

The anticipation crackled in the air as the final showdown of the U.A. Sports Festival loomed, signaling the moment Kenshin and I would lock horns once again, determining once and for all who reigned supreme.

As Kaito was whisked away on a stretcher toward the infirmary, Nega strode toward his waiting room with an unexpected air of composure and determination. But before he could disappear behind the door, Masako intercepted him:

- "Nega! I know the tension you're under facing Kenshin, but remember, the greatest victory for both you and Ken would be to triumph with honor, without resorting to violence. Believe in yourself!"

- "We're counting on you. And Ken, if Nega loses it, you're the only one who can rein him in," Ema chimed in.

- "Yeah, we'll see. I'm going." Nega responded with solemn resolve.

Inside his waiting room, Nega settled into a meditative posture, closing his eyes in deep concentration, perhaps attempting to establish a mental connection with me.

- "Ken, I need to ask you something."

- "Uh, yeah, sure. What's on your mind?"

- "Will you let me handle Kenshin alone as we agreed, or do you want to switch?"

His question caught me off guard. While I had promised to let him take charge, the desire to confront Kenshin with my own abilities gnawed at me. Nega seemed to sense my inner conflict.

- "Well... (Sighs) I made a promise, and I intend to keep it, but... I admit, I'm itching for a face-off with him myself..."

- "I figured as much. You've never truly faced him on your own, considering I've always intervened..."

- "Yeah, you're right... I hadn't thought about it that way, but... I'd like to take him down solo, just once..."

- "Surprising as it may seem, I totally understand. Listen, I have a proposition for you. Since you always start the fight against him, I propose the opposite. I'll take on this jerk first to remind him who's the best, and then I'll hand him over to you for the finishing blow. How's that sound?"

Stunned by his proposal, I was taken aback and struggled to find a response, stuttering:

- "What?! Uh, I mean, y-yeah! Totally!"

- "However, I warn you: If I see you falter, I'll step in and make you regret it, got it?!"

- "Yeah, don't worry! And Nega, thank you."

- "Shut the hell up. I don't need your gratitude. I'm not doing you a favor; I'm just setting things straight between us, got it?!"

Interrupting our conversation, Ultra Bright, clad in a sharp blue suit with a striking red tie and oversized glasses that distorted his gaze, swung open the door to our room.

- "Psst! Nega, it's me, Ultra Bright. Mind if I come in?"

- "Uh... sure. Is everything okay?"

He hurried inside, checking the door as if expecting someone to follow, before turning back to us, apologizing for his abrupt entrance with a dismissive wave.

- "No, not really. I just wanted to catch you before the match for a quick chat."

- "About what?"

- "About the Festival. Or rather, what comes after. Seems like you first years have caught the eye of the public and some pro hero agencies like State, Magma, and Radeon from the Top 10 have been scouting the One-on-One Fighting Tournament. You know how important this is for securing internships. So, I've got a favor to ask."