Chapter 18: Make Up

Jimin ran down the streets of Hage. He had a frown on his face as he ran. Tears filled his eyes, yet didn't threaten to fall. His hair cover his eyes as he came to a stop.

He looked around him, seeing a river. He walked over to the river and sat down in front of it. He hugged his knees and stared at the water. His frown deepened and the tears he was holding back, started to fall.

What Yoongi had said to him hurt him. It hurt him because he knew Yoongi was right. Jimin blamed himself for letting the king and both queens die. He hated that he couldn't protect them, he hated himself for being so weak.

Ever since Jimin was little, people always looked down on him. He was smaller than most of the kids, and had a bad temper. He was also very moody, and didn't like other people. He was also poor.

His father, Park Inwoo who was a general, never even cared about Jimin and Jimin's mother. His father would send enough money for the to have a meal a day. Jimin's mother was a very sick, and quite weak. Though, she worked to gain money for clothes, food, and toys for Jimin.

On Jimin's 6th birthday, he and his mother went to buy a toy, and some food. However, the toy Jimin wanted was an expensive one. Jimin's mother didn't have enough money to buy both the toy and food. So, she bought the toy and ended up working three jobs.

A few months later, Jimin's mom had collapse during work. Because of this, Jimin realize that he had to start taking care of his mom. So, Jimin started to find some jobs. He even started to practice how to use a knife, just in case anyone attacked him and his mom.

However, one night when Jimin was working, thieves broke into their home and murdered Jimin's mother. That night Jimin was skipping home, after buying a present for his mom, as a thank you for taking care of him. However, when he opened the door to his house and walked to his mother's room, his happiness vanished.

Jimin had dropped the present, as his eyes widen and filled with tears. He dropped to his knees, grabbed his head and screamed. If he hadn't worked that night, maybe his mother would still be alive.

Jimin felt pain in his chest, as he shocked those memories away. More tears fell down his face, as his dyed dark blue hair covered his eyes. He hugged his knees harder, and the wind blew the leaves around him away.

Barely a few feet away, stood Yoongi. He had come to apologize and to bring Jimin back. Yoongi watched in silence as Jimin cried to himself. Yoongi felt his heart stop, nor liking the boy crying. Letting out a sigh, Yoongi walked over to Jimin, surprising him by giving him a hug.

"What the hell do you think you're-"

"Shut up will ya." Yoongi said in a low voice. Jimin's face redden by how close they were. "I'm sorry for what I said. I was angry and took it out on you. It wasn't your fault for what happened to the king and queen, so don't blame yourself."

Jimin stayed silent. Is this the same person from before. Yoongi's voice was calm and gentle, not like his voice before, which was filled with anger. After a few minutes, Yoongi pulled away from Jimin.

"Now, come on." Yoongi said as he began to walk. Jimin stood up and followed behind him, staring at Yoongi's back.

*****

"Is Jimin going to be ok?" Taehyung asked as he looked at the library door. He said it in a low voice, not expecting someone to answer. However, someone did.

"Yes, Yoongi hyung went to get him." Jungkook said, causing Taehyung to look at Jungkook. Jungkook tilted his head a bit and gave Taehyung a small smile. Jungkook ruffled Taehyung's silver hair before walking over to Jin and Namjoon. Taehyung touched his hair as he watched Jungkook talk with his hyungs.