Chapter 12: Different

It had been three days since Jungkook met Taehyung and the others. He hadn't seen them since he kicked them out of his house. Did he regret it? No, and he probably won't.

It was 10 pm, and Jungkook was sitting outside on his porch. The soft wind blew his long hair in his face. He was staring up at the moon, which was shining down on him. He had a lot on his mind. The memories of what had happened to him those many many years ago, were lingering on his mind.

"Why can't I forget?" Jungkook asked himself as he looked at his hands. He brought his hand to his left side of his chest, were the branding iron left it's mark. "Why must you torture me, still to this day? Aren't you satisfied yet?"

There in Jungkook's eyes, held sadness and pain that he had hidden for a long time. He took a deep breath, while closing his eyes. He wished he could get rid of his emotions so he wouldn't feel his pain. However, we can't get rid of our emotions, no matter how much we want to.

Jungkook sat there like that for a few minutes, enjoying the moonlight. However, his moment of silence was ruin when he heard a child's faint scream. Opening his eyes, he looked to the right of his house. He listened, hoping to hear something again, which he did. Once again, it was a child's scream.

Standing up, Jungkook ran down the stairs of his house and towards the scream. However, it would can him a good ten minute to reach the child. He hoped to the gods, that the kid would be alright until he gets there.

*****

Taehyung had decided to take a late night walk in the woods. He couldn't sleep for some unknown reason. He was still hurt about what had happened at Jungkook's house. However, he doesn't blame Jungkook for how he reacted.

He had wondered what happened to the dragon warriors, but never thought to ask Jin. Just the mention of his name, caused Jin to panic. So asking Jin what had happened to them, was a big no no.

Taehyung took a deep breath, as the moon's light shone through the trees. As he continued walking, his mind was on the fire dragon who he had met. He wondered why the town's people hate the man so much. Taehyung could tell that Jungkook had put up walls, very high walls. Taehyung could see those walls that surround the man, and he wanted to break through them. He wanted to see the real Jungkook.

Taehyung was pulled from his thoughts as he heard a scream and pounding footsteps coming towards him. He looked around and spotted the young child the was with Jungkook when he first met him. The child was crying, tear stains on his face and puffy red eyes. Taehyung's eyes widen as he saw blood on the boy's knee. 

The boy saw Taehyung and started running towards him. Once he was near Taehyung, the boy hugged him. The boy was shaking and his cries became louder.

"It's coming!" The boy cried out. Taehyung was confused as to what the boy ment. However, before he could ask, a loud growl erupted as the woods floor shook. This cause Taehyung to shiver in fear, however he didn't show it. He didn't want to scare the boy even more.

The thing that had cause the ground to shake, appeared in front of Taehyung. His heart stop, and he wanted to run away. However, he gently pushed the boy behind him, I a protective way. The thing that was in front of them, was a two headed black wolf, with flames as ears and tails. The beast's eyes were red, and was currently staring at Taehyung and the boy.

Taehyung grabbed the boy's hand tightly, before they both started running. The beast growled and ran after them. Taehyung was so scared and terrified. The beast was right in top of them, and he had no clue what to do.

Before he could think of anything, the beast raised it's paw. Taehyung's eyes widen, and looked at the boy. He pushed the boy, just as the beast's paw came down.

The boy rolled in the ground, before his back hit a tree. He sat up and looked at Taehyung. The boy's eyes widen as tears fell down his face. Taehyung was trapped under the beast's paw, and the boy could tell it hurt Taehyung.

"Help..." The boy said in a whisper. He hands started shaking as the beast lower his face close to Taehyung's, and opened it's mouth. "SOMEONE HELP!"

Just as the boy yelled, someone appeared. The person had hit the beast in it's face with so much power, it cause the beast to double over. The beast got up and faced the person. The two of them had a staring contest, before the beast whimpered in submission. The person nodded his head, ordering the beast to leave, which it did.

"Hey, you alright?" Jungkook said as he walked over to Taehyung. Taehyung tried to sit up, however his whole body was in so much pain. "You are such an idiot. Why the hell would you risk your life like that?"

"Because if I didn't, then that boy over there wouldn't be able to grow up and life his life." Taehyung said with a small smile. Jungkook's eyes widen at what Taehyung said. However, his shock didn't last long, before he covered it up.

"Mister! Are you ok?!" The boy ran over to them. He fell down on his knees as Taehyung gave him a smile and nodded. The boy start to cry again, only to be pulled into Taehyung's chest.

"Don't cry, little one. Everything is going to be alright." Taehyung said in a soft tone of voice. He rubbed the boy's back, calming the boy down. After a few minutes, Taehyung felt the boy's breathing deepen.

"He's asleep." Taehyung said as he tried to stand up, but fell down because of the pain. Jungkook let out a sigh before picking the boy up and carrying him. He sticked out his free hand, offering it to Taehyung who accepted.

They started walking towards the direction of the town. It was silent, neither of them spoke. Taehyung bit his lip, hating the silence. He looked at Jungkook, watching him walk with the boy in his arms.

"Jungkook." Taehyung said. Jungkook hummed, signalling Taehyung to continue. "I'm deeply sorry for what the first king did to you."

Jungkook didn't reply. He didn't even look at Taehyung. Taehyung sighed, as he looked up at the moon.

"It was absolutely wrong of him to do that. I'm quite disgusted by him. He shouldn't have treated people of his own kingdom, no, he shouldn't have treated anyone like that." Taehyung continued. He turned and faced Jungkook, giving him a small smile. "You and the others are so brave."

They didn't speak another word after that. And when they arrived at the town, Jungkook handed the boy to Taehyung. As Taehyung walked away, Jungkook watched him.

"Maybe, he's different then the other royals." And with that, Jungkook turned and walked back into the woods, heading home.

...........................................
I'm so fucking tired!! I keep waking up at 3am and then 5am. Like let me sleep until 7, please!!! Anyways, here's an update because why not. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll see you next chapter!

-Author