About the Chamber of Secrets[15]

Start from the beginning

"Three guesses who." Ron snickered, gaining a few laughs from the other Gryffindor's in glares from the Slytherins.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts." I don't like where this was going. I glanced at Hermione, both of us almost being able to tell what McGonagall was going to say. I knew both of us were going to like the answer.

"He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, 'pure-bloods.'" My blood runs cold as past images from first year and the events from only a few weeks ago flood my mind. Continuing McGonagall moves around the classroom, explaining the history of the Chamber of Secrets.

"Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Though, shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns," Hermione whispered sadly, the only thing a professor could do was nod. I grab onto Hermione's hand who then, intertwines her own with mine.

"Well, naturally, the school had been searched many times. No such chamber has been found."

"Professor?" I spoke up, "What exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?"

"Well, the Chamber is said to home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster." McGonagall reply's grimly.

"So the founder Slytherin in believes that all muggle-born should be purged?" I asked the Professor, still not completely believing what I've heard.

She nods.

"Why?" McGonagall looks around the classroom before taking a seat at her desk.

"Blood supremacy. In the wizarding world. Just like any society, there will be those who believe in supremacy and the suppression of others. In America just over 20 years ago they were fighting against white supremacy. Luckily, within the wizarding world, we haven't had any problems with race but, that still doesn't excuse that's supremacy doesn't exist within our world."

The class goes silent taking in all the information we were just given.

"How do you stop supremacy?" I knew that most likely McGonagall didn't know the answer but, a part of me wanted to know what she thought.

"I don't know."

❥•—•—•❥

After being released from professor McGonagall's classroom, the four made our way back to the dorms.

"D'you think it's true?" Ron asks the group cutting the silence, "D'you think there really is a Chamber of Secrets?"

"Yes. Couldn't you tell? McGonagall's worried." Hermione answered.

"All the teachers are," I added.

"Well, if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, a-and it really has been opened, then that means—" Harry began before being cut off by Mione.

"The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts. The question is, who is it?"

"Let's think." Ron mockingly rested his head against his hand, "Who do we know who thinks all Muggle-borns are scum?"

"If you're talking about Malfoy—" I started.

"Of course. You heard him! 'You'll be next Mudbloods'," Ron exclaims as both Hermione and I cringe at the word.

"I heard him." I told him beginning to feel irritated, "But Malfoy, the Heir of Slytherin? I highly doubt that." Pushing my glasses I continued.

"If the Malfoy, that's very unlikely if, were direct descendants from Salazar slithering then wouldn't they be shouting it over the rooftops. Wouldn't the Malfoy's make it known that they were his descendants?"

"Well, maybe Ron's right, Melody ." Harry piped up completely ignoring my earlier statement, "I mean, look at his family. The whole lot of them have been in Slytherin for centuries."

"Crabbe and Goyle must know. Maybe we could trick them into telling." Ron added, encouraging Harry's theory.

"Even they aren't that thick. But there might be another way." We all pause, giving our full attention to Hermione.

"Mind you, it would be difficult. Not to mention, we would be breaking about fifty school rules. And, it'll be dangerous. Very dangerous." I chuckled at her statement.

"Hermione, you do you remember what we went through first year, right?" She gives a slight smirk. I place my arms over our small group.

"Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, to your regular program show. 'Golden Four's' highly dangerous misadventures is back. Let's see what mischief they will stir up this time!"

♡♡♡

———————————
——————-
———-

-

Short I know. I'm not going to keep saying excuses for this one. I just really haven't been motivated especially because I wasn't that into this part within the book/movie. Don't give me wrong I love chamber of secrets it's just not that fun to write about.

What I'm really excited is for book 3, that one for sure I promise you will have a lot more updates. Anyway I got some motivation today and hopefully I'll be able to get this done in the next two months. Then finally we can get into the interesting stuff.

Don't forget to wash your hands!

___