Misconceptions about blood status [9]

[05.03.20 ✔️]

⚠️I DON'T OWN ANY OF THIS PHOTO'S /GIF'S/VIDEOS ALL CREDIT TO THEIR OWNERS⚠️

⚠️ I DO NOT OWN THE 'HARRY POTTER SERIES' OR ITS CHARACTERS/STORY LINE ALL I OWN IS MY CHARACTER AND HER STORY LINE⚠️

———————————————————————————
——

-

NOTE:
🔝There is music up above 🔝

♡♡♡

NOTE: 🔝There is music up above 🔝•••♡♡♡

❥•—•—•❥

Melody's pov.

Hermione and I had skipped breakfast to go to the library for some early studying. We were just reviewing some standard spells and working on homework. My best friend was amazing in every subject, while I was above average. There's one subject that I had over her head, potions.

Although Hermione was still really good at potions she wanted me to help her study, as I grasped the subject very easily. While I was helping her with potions she helped me with transfiguration, which wasn't my strong suit. When's breakfast was over and we had to head back to classes Hermione and I use most of our free time to go back to the library.

Towards the end of the day during our final free period, we are working on our charms essay. I still had some time before I needed to go with Harry for a Quidditch assessment with Oliver Wood. I got up from my seat to look for a book that could help is on are essay. Scanning the shelves watching as books float from and to students around the library. I try to find the charms section.

After a few minutes of searching, I was finally able to find a suitable book before someone grabbed it out of my hand.

"What?-"

"Well, well, well, look who I founded here." I recognize that voice. Turning around I face the platinum blonde prat that insulted Ron's family.

"Malfoy." I spit out as if it was venom.

"Oh, isn't it Potter cousin?" He sneered. "Where's is Potter now and the blood traitor?" Draco said in to disgusted tone.

Blood traitor? What's a blood traitor?

"Hopefully you'll know who the right sort is." Handing me back the book he stole, he gave me an extravagant bow. As I was just about to grab the book back from him, he quickly snatched it away adding something to his earlier statement. "And don't forget I can always help you out." Then with wink Malfoy left.

Confused on what just happened I slowly and staggering walk back towards the table Hermione studying. As I took my seat I noticed Hermione wasn't paying attention to her book her eyes, were wide open.

"What just happened?" She whispered.

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know, but that was weird right?" Hermione nodded.

"Malfoy was talking about how I shouldn't be like Harry talking to the wrong sort, and something about how I shouldn't associate myself with 'blood traitors'." My best friend's ear perks up.

"Blood traitor?" I nod. Hermione takes a moment but before her entire face is covered in complete shock.

"He thinks your a pureblood!" She yelled.

"Shhhh!" The librarian yelled as Hermione and I quickly apologized before going back to our conversation.

"What do you mean he thinks I'm a pureblood? I never told anyone I was and I thought it was kind of easy to tell, as I didn't know much about the wizarding world."

"That isn't quite true," Hermione told me. " Think about it! Your top of all your classes and especially in potions, which only Slytherin's, and sometimes Ravenclaw's, are the only ones that do well in that class. And not to forget to mention but Snape also favors you in his class." I look at her confused.

"Why would Snape favoring me and potions mean anything?"

"Snape only likes the pureblood students...and everyone knows you as Harry's cousin."

"So?" Hermione rolls her eyes.

"So," She said dramatically. "He probably thinks you're related to Harry on his father's side. The pure-blooded Potter family." With that, I merely close my eyes placing my head in my hands.

"Bloody hell!"

"That has to be the only explanation because of the Malfoy's hate muggle-borns like me and you. All they care about is blood purity."I quickly asked her another question. "Then why would Malfoy associate him with Harry? He's not a pureblood."

"Even if Harry is a half-blood they would accept him into their social circle because of his fame." She said. Bringing my head up I took off my glasses rubbing my eyes.

"Should I tell him?" Hermione shrugged.

"I think that's up to you but be careful, remember Malfoy doesn't like people like us." I give her a reluctant nod.

If I tell him, what would happen?

♡♡♡

———————————
——————-
———-

-

Another short chapter but I wanted to put this in here for drama.

Don't forget to wash your hands!

___