The Mirror [14]

[06.05.20 ✔️]

⚠️I DON'T OWN ANY OF THIS PHOTO'S /GIF'S/VIDEOS ALL CREDIT TO THEIR OWNERS⚠️

⚠️ I DO NOT OWN THE 'HARRY POTTER SERIES' OR ITS CHARACTERS/STORY LINE ALL I OWN IS MY CHARACTER AND HER STORY LINE⚠️

———————————————————————————
——

-

NOTE:
🔝There is music up above 🔝

♡♡♡

NOTE: 🔝There is music up above 🔝•••♡♡♡

❥•—•—•❥

Melody's pov.

After dinner in the Great Hall, I went up to the common room with Ron to help him with his essays. Keeping my promise to Hermione as she was on holiday.

Went to finish Ron went back to his dormitory. Harry decided to go to the library alone to look up Nicholas Flamel, while I was still in the common room reading.

I must've been tired as I didn't remember falling asleep. Taking my surroundings I could tell it was already past midnight. Gathering my things to go to my dormitory I was stopped by a running, out of breath Harry storming into the common room.

"Ron!" Harry starts screaming and running around the common room up the stairs. "You've really got to see this!" He runs up yells through the empty tower. "Ron! You've got to see this!" His voice soon became muffled.

Racing back down the stairs Harry finally sees me sitting on the couch. Without giving me any time to process he immediately grabs my arm.

"Melody follow me!" Harry starts pulling my arm placing the invisibility cloak over the three of us. Harry pushed us through the quarters into a room where he took off the cloak.

Harry runs to the mirror.

"Come on. Come. Come look, it's my parents!" Harry shouts pushing it Ron and me in front of a mirror.

"I only see us," Ron tells Harry.

"Me too, Harry what are we supposed to be seeing?" I asked him confused.

Harry moves us closer to the mirror. Look in properly. "Go on. Stand there. There." Harry moves back, "You see them, don't you? That's my dad!"

Looking into the mirror three figures appeared as Ron's disappeared.

There's stood, my parents and brother.

My fathers, proudly standing behind me as my mother had a look glee across her face. Dudley along with my parents we're looking at my Hogwarts books and letter. My older brother opens the letter and a smiles appear on all their faces.

They were proud I was going to Hogwarts.

But I knew that wasn't true.

"That's me! Only, I'm head boy," Ron's voice pulled me back into reality.

"I'm holding the Quidditch cup! And bloody hell, I'm Quidditch Captain too! I look good." Ron turns to my cousin, "Harry, do you think this mirror shows the future?"

There's no way to show the future because...my parents would never be proud of me going to Hogwarts.

"How can it? Both my parents are dead." Harry smiles sadly, I walk up towards him pulling my cousin in for a hug.

❥•—•—•❥

Later next night in the Great Hall Harry was sitting in front of the fireplace wall Ron and I are at the table. I simply picked up my food not really finding an appetite.

Fred to my left and George to my right tried their best to cheer me up. Both boys talked about an idea they had last year of creating a joke shop products. I told them that it was a great idea. Both are boys smiled as they were able to put a small grin on mine.

Ron sets up walking towards Harry, I excuse myself from the Weasley twins and catch up with Ron.

"Want to play chess?" He asks Harry trying to get them out of his gloomy state.

"No." Harry simply stated.

"Want to go visit Hagrid?" I suggest.

"No." Ron looked at me before shaking his head.

"Harry I know what your thinking, don't." He tells Harry, worry coding each and single word.

"There's something not right about the mirror." He warned.

Harry nods but doesn't say a word. Defeated run walks back towards the Gryffindor table to finish dinner. Standing back a while longer I waited to see if he would say anything.

When he doesn't I gently pat his shoulder walking back and setting in between the Weasley twins.

Once night fell in the common room I was reading a book, when I saw Harry sneaking out. Well, he didn't notice I was there he places the invisibility cloak over himself.

Not wanting him to get in trouble I followed.

Following his footsteps, he made his way towards the room with the mirror. Harry is sitting in front of the mirror.

His eyes widened seeing me from the mirror it doesn't say anything as I said beside him. I knew why Harry looked into the mirror longingly as I guess it probably showed what we get most desired. And I knew I should've been comforting him but I was selfish. I knew he was coming to this room to see his deceased parents, we have another we'll see again. I just wanted to see the image of my parents proud of me.

They were proud to have a witch in the family.

We sat in front of the mirror for what seemed like hours before Dumbledore appears behind us.

"Back again, Harry, Melody?" Harry and I turn around and jump up.

"I see that you, like so many before you, have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised. I trust by now you realize what it does." Dumbledore begins to explain, "Let me give you a clue. The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself, exactly as he is."

I was right.

"So, then it shows us what we want? Whatever we want?" Harry says.

"Yes...and no. It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desires of our hearts. Now you, who have never known your family, you see them standing beside you. But remember this, Harry. This mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad. That is why tomorrow it will be moved to a new home, and I must ask you not to go looking for it again. It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry, and forget to live." Harry looks back at the mirror.

"Melody," The headmaster calls out, "You see your parents who you've known but never acknowledged you. You see them proud of your magical heritage instead of disgust in their eyes." I nod at his words.

"You must look up to towards the future instead of living in the past."

♡♡♡

———————————
——————-
———-

-

I know this chapter was kind of short and boring but it's something.

Don't forget to wash your hands!

___