Chapter 30: Dangerous Secrets, Deadly Consequences

"Michelangelo," Sarina calls, walking out of the lab. "Have you seen Leonardo or Destiny?"

Michelangelo, half asleep in the living room with a pizza box over his head, groans and sits up. The box tumbles to the floor.

"Nada, sis," he says. "I thought they had that meeting with Karai."

Sarina's eyes flash, narrowing at the same time. "They did, but that was hours ago. Destiny has not answered my texts. Neither has Leonardo."

"What about calls? Leo's real good at picking up calls."

"Negative."

Michelangelo frowns and gets to his feet. "Huh? But that's totally weird!" He huffs. "Uh...maybe they got home and went to bed? They could've slipped past."

"That would be a worthy option, except I already checked."

"Dang, Sari, you're really on top of things."

"Thank you. I do try my best."

Michelangelo laughs, then gasps. "Wait, then that means they're missing!" He leaps out of the living room and races to the bedrooms. "Guys, wake up! WAKE UP!"

"Aw, come on, Mikey," Raphael groans as he stumbles out of his room. "It's like...too early o'clock."

"If this is about Dr. Squirrelenstein..." Donatello starts as he leaves his own bedroom.

"Worse!" Michelangelo says. "Leo and Des are still missing, and they aren't picking up their t-phones!"

Raphael and Donatello share a glance, then look towards the entrance to the hall as Sarina appears, faintly glowing even in the dark.

"One guess where they are," Raphael says.

"I'll track their phones," Donatello says, already pulling out his own. The three brothers move closer to Sarina. "Karai must've recruited them for something," he adds as they go.

"Should I accompany you?" Sarina asks.

"Hold up the base," Raphael says. "We'll call if it's bad."

Sarina nods. "Yes, of course. I will be on standby."

"Tracking now," Donatello reports. "We'll have a location soon. Let's go."

----------

When Karai, Leonardo, Destiny, Shinigami, and the rest of the new Foot Clan arrive at Auman Chemicals, the only sign of a guard is a single Foot bot. Destiny stares at it for maybe a little too long. She hasn't fought a Foot bot in...well, a long time.

They hide in the rafters and, with a brief nod from Karai, her and Leonardo drop to the floor, making quick work of the sentry. Shinigami and Destiny drop down next, Destiny with a few flaps of her wings, Shinigami with the help of her chain.

"Plant the explosives, get out fast, and blow the place," Karai whispers, peering down at the glowing orange vats far below. "Nobody will ever know we were here."

"Uh-uh," Shinigami says, sliding to Karai's side, hand lithely resting on her shoulder as she points down. "Somebody will..."

Sure enough, a door opens a few levels down as Tiger Claw and Rocksteady walk out onto the metal platforms. Destiny's eyes narrow and she immediately searches around for any sign of Bebop. Whenever Rocksteady's around, his warthog companion isn't far behind.

Her ears prick and her nostrils flare.

"This isn't gonna be as easy as we—" Leonardo starts.

"Look out!" Destiny shouts.