C. Donatello's Proposal

Donatello stands near the entrance to the lab, watching Sarina move around as she works out plans for Leonardo and Destiny's upcoming nuptials. He just can't help but smile as he watches her.

He looks to the little box in his hand, swallowing nervously.

"Sarina?" he asks, moving forwards.

She turns around, tucking a pencil behind her ear as she looks up at him. His heart flip-flops as she smiles.

"Yeah?"

"You know...the day Des and I found you at the Kraang base?" he asks.

"Of course I do." She laughs. "How could I forget?"

"I can't explain this feeling that came over me when I first saw you. It was like a realization. 'This girl is something special. She's going to change everything.' That's what I hypothesized." He rubs the back of his neck. "At the same time...I was lost and chasing after a fantasy, but you brought me out of it with all your smarts and acceptance. Without even trying, the girl without emotions showed me how to be happy again and move on."

She smiles, blushing a little. "That's really sweet of you, but you know I could have had that without you."

He nods. "Ever since that day, we've grown closer and closer, and I fill with pride every time I see you. You know why?" She shakes her head. "Because I know that you're a different mutant because you're here with us, and I'm so happy that I got to help you reach your full potential. I got to help you become more human." He looks to the floor briefly. "I finally found my matching chemical bond, and if you'd let me, I want to be incredibly nerdy right now." He chuckles. "Blame it on the numerous cartoons we watched over at Uni."

"Donnie, you're being awfully weird," she comments, her eyes flashing.

He pulls out a little black and red ball, holding it out to her. She presses the little button in the front, and the top springs open as he lowers onto his knee. She gapes at the rings inside, one of his hands hand cupping the one she's using to hold up the little package.

"I choose you, Sarina. Do you choose me?"

Her eyes flash as she nods, overwhelmed. "Donnie, you are absolutely, positively, the most wonderful turtle on the planet. Yes. Yes, I will marry you."

She slides off the chair and drops to her knees as she pulls him into a soft kiss, her arms around his neck. They continue the lip lock as he deftly slips the ring onto her finger.