CXLXI. Kidnapped

Leonardo

Dean flies around, enjoying the wind in his wings. He still keeps a sharp eye out for each and every one of his younger cousins, but still finds himself enjoying the rush of the wind beneath him as his juvenile mind wanders.

He lands on top of one building, his eyes wide with wonder as he looks out at everything. The wind whips his green mask tails behind him, making him change his stance so he looks more heroic; more like his dad.

He hears something crash near him and he jumps, looking for the intruders. He sees no one, but he knows that there has to be somebody.

"You better not try anything," he threatens, trying to keep his voice from shaking.

A bunch of weird-looking ninjas hop out of the shadows, surrounding the boy before he can comprehend just what's happening. His tail spikes up with fear and he unsheathes his claws as a growl passes his lips.

"Don't worry, young one," a sickly sweet voice says behind him. "You're going to be fine."

He turns around just in time to see a slim, spotted figure with piercing golden eyes. There's a sharp crack against the back of his head and he falls into darkness without a sound.

The leopard woman smiles, looking to the ninjas around her. They wait, unblinking, for her next move. She looks down at the unconscious boy, seeing the uncanny resemblance to her old enemy.

"Take him somewhere his precious mother won't find him," she commands.

The ninjas nod, making a few robotic noises before grabbing the boy and dashing away.

Raphael

Copeland grins as she looks around the giant city. Finally, she's free, and Dean is nowhere to be found. That's just a bonus in her mind.

"New York, meet Copeland Hamato!" she whoops.

She skids to a stop, letting out another laugh as she twirls around. Everything feels perfect; the wind in her hair, the smell of the night, the lights on the pavement-

"Hamato? Oh sweet, baby Ivan, we've heard that name before."

"Be the quiets, Comrade Bebop. We're in hidings, remember?"

She stops dead in her tracks, putting her fists up as she pivots on her feet. Moving in slow circles, she searches for the source of the voice.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" she snaps. "I'll warn you, I'm highly trained."

Two large shapes appear from an alleyway, a warthog and a rhinoceros. They both look shocked at the sight of the little turtle girl, but she doesn't back down, only glares at them.

"Mutants? Huh..." she mumbles. "Haven't seen a lot of guys like me around."

The rhino squints his tiny eyes and tilts his head. "Da! Bebop, little turtle girl looks like turtles we fights with before."

The warthog lets out a shrill squeal of surprise. "Wow! I totally didn't make that connection, Steranko man! How weird is that?!"

"Turtles you fought before?" Copeland asks, her dark hair falling in her hazel eyes. "You knew other turtles?"

"Turtles made us into mutants," Steranko growls. "You knows them, tiny tortoise?"

She seems to remember something, just a story she had heard her dad and uncles talk about. Stories of a loud-mouthed wannabe and a Russian rhino. It all clicks in an instant.

"Bebop and Rocksteady..." she whispers. "Oh no..."

"I HATE THAT NAME!" Bebop shrieks. "It's been years and years and I still hate that name!"