CXLIX. Recieving Their Masks

"Kids, can all of you go to the dojo?" Leonardo asks, herding the excited seven-year-olds in the right direction.

"Why? What's going on?" Mitch asks. "Is it food? Is it candy? Is it food and candy?!"

Copeland smacks the back of his head, crossing her arms. "Shut up."

"What'd I say about hitting?" Taylor rehearses tiredly.

"Don't do it," the young turtle mumbles.

"Good."

"Asher! Dakota! Come on!" Dean hollers, trying to divert his cousins' attention back to the dojo.

"Coming!" they call.

The kids get into the dojo, sitting down and bouncing in place as they look between each other. The four turtles, the four girls, and Master Splinter wait patiently, Destiny sitting against the wall with Venus in her arms. Every woman is wearing her preferred mask; black, white, maroon, and pale pink.

"Please calm down," Leo says. "Grandpa has something very special to give you."

Every kid is more ready in a second.

"Thank you, Leonardo," Splinter says. He kneels, looking to each of his grandchildren. "As you know, your parents wear masks; your fathers more often than your mothers."

"Yeah!" the kids chorus.

"Today, you'll be getting your own masks," he continues.

"YES!" Dean cheers.

Venus makes a tiny noise of surprise, kicking her little green feet. Dean sits down, shooting his mom and baby sister an apologetic look.

"My sons, would you like to do the honours?" Splinter asks.

"Gladly," Leonardo responds. He moves to Dean, holding a green mask out to him. "Green, for growth, harmony, freshness, and safety." He smirks briefly. "Also, because turtle power."

Dean grins, letting his dad tie on the mask. He looks to his cousins, who all share the same look of excited amazement. Dean tugs on the mask tails, feeling even more proud about this turn of events.

Raphael moves forwards next, looking at the strip of dark pink cloth in his three fingered hands. He kneels in front of Copeland, who looks a little confused at the colour choice.

"Pink, for friendship, affection, harmony, inner peace, and approachability," he explains. "Let's be honest here, if you're my daughter, you'll need all of these." He leans closer. "Also, prove that pink is badass."

"Raph, what'd I say about language around Copey?" Taylor scolds. He shrugs.

Copeland laughs, letting the mask get tied on. She hugs her dad's arm, still grinning.

Donatello lowers himself in front of his twins. He holds a deep purple mask and a grey mask.

"Asher," he starts, looking at his son. "Purple, for creativity, wisdom, dignity, devotion, peace, pride, mystery, independence, and magic. Wear it well."

"Promise," the young turtle says as the mask is tied on. His mismatched eyes seem to glimmer with joy.

Donnie looks to Dakota, who watches her dad with the same flashing eyes as her mother.

"Grey, for formality, conservativeness, sophistication, and neutrality," her dad tells her. "Make it exciting, okay?"

She grins. "Will do."

He ties it on, moving back and letting Michelangelo move to Mitch, who is nearly bouncing out of his seat with anticipation. Mikey grins at his son, holding out a faded orange mask.

"Little dude, you get pale orange, for enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, encouragement, and stimulation," he says, tying it onto his son's curly-haired head.

Mitch grins. "Yes!"

Dean raises his hand, his wings flapping a tiny bit.

"Yes, Dean?" Destiny asks.

"Doesn't Venus get a mask?" he asks.

Leo and Destiny look to the tiny baby turtle, who smiles and coos as she looks up at her mom. Leo smiles too.

"When the time comes, she'll get turquoise, for open communication and clarity of mind," he responds.

"Cool..." all the kids breathe.

"With these masks, your training will become more important," Master Splinter speaks. "The way of the ninja is not an easy path, but I believe in the potential that all of you hold."

The kids get to their feet, bowing in sync as they murmur, "Hai Sensei."

AN: This chapter was fun. All the colours represent the kids and their personality types or what they need in life more than anything else.

Speaking of which, I want to show you all that cool stuff about the turtles and the girls in comparison with their colours.

Leonardo - Blue is the colour of depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, and truth.

Raphael - Red is the colour that represents much. In short, it represents passion, desire, heat, sensitivity, romance, strength, courage, vigour, willpower, rage, anger, danger, malice, and action.

Donatello - Purple combines the calm stability of blue and the fierce energy of red (Leo + Raph = Donnie). Often associated with royalty, nobility, luxury, power, ambition, creativity, and wisdom.

Michelangelo - Orange is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. It also represents happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation. Nevertheless, orange is not as aggressive as red.

Destiny - Black is associated with power, elegance, formality, death, evil, and mystery. It's a mysterious color associated with fear and the unknown. A lot about Destiny is unknown, and I think black represents her rather well.

Sarina - White is associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity, cleanliness, safety, and virginity. It is the colour of perfection. Sarina started out with no known emotions and was, in many cases, completely pure and innocent of any human afflictions. Also, robots are sometimes considered the "more perfect human".

Taylor - Maroon represents sacrifice and bravery. Taylor sacrificed a lot in her life; school, her rockstar dreams, etc. There's a part of her that's very brave, despite some of her more cowardly actions in the past.

Annalise - Annalise's pink is paler than Copeland's. In the same way, her pink represents compassion and nurturing. It relates to unconditional love and understanding, seeing as how she was willing to accept Mikey for who he is.

There you go! Colours and their personality. Everything matches up! 🍕❤️🐢