CXXXIV. Coming Home

Leonardo

"I just hope everything went well," Destiny says as her and Leonardo walk back to the lair.

"I'm sure it did," he assures her, kissing her cheek.

They walk into the lair, where they find Raphael passed out on the couch with Dean curled up on his chest. The two parents giggle a little, moving towards them.

"Dean? Wake up," Destiny says softly.

"RAPHAEL! WAKE UP!" Leo hollers.

Raph jolts awake, making Dean wake up too. Destiny shoots Leo an annoyed glance as the turtle laughs loudly. She rolls her eyes at her husband's maturity and looks back to the sleepy mutants.

"I assume everything went well," she comments.

"Uncle Raphie played Space Heroes with me!" Dean says, flapping his wings. "I was Captain Ryan, and he was the Cortexicon Emperor."

Leo smiles at his brother. Raph grumbles something incoherent under his breath.

"Thanks Raph," Leo says, patting the hothead's shoulder.

"Yeah. Anytime." He yawns before going back to sleep.

Raphael

When Raphael and Taylor get back into the lair, they find Michelangelo playing video games with Copeland on his lap. She shouts moves to him as he goes, laughing whenever something explodes.

"Heyo!" the orange-masked turtle calls.

Copeland waves, getting up and running to her parents. "Guess what? I tried out the nunchucks!"

Taylor's eyes widen. Mikey bites his lip as he pauses his game.

"Copey...you weren't gonna tell her that," he whispers.

"Mikey, I am-" Taylor starts.

"Good job!" Raph interrupts, giving his daughter a fist bump. "That's my girl."

Taylor narrows her eyes and glares at Mikey, who tries to focus on the video game again with her glare burning into him.

Donatello

When Donatello and Sarina get into the lair, they find a small table set up in the lab with a tea party arranged on it. Dakota sips her tea beside Asher, who nibbles on one of the cookies with a bored look on his face. Leo has his "pinky" out as he drinks.

"Hey guys," Sarina says cheerfully.

"Mommy! Daddy!" both twins cheer.

Asher launches up and dashes over to his parents, hugging Donnie's knees.

"I'm so glad you're back. There's so much tea," Asher whines.

Dakota huffs and crosses her arms, flicking some of her soft white hair over her shoulder. "At least Uncle Leo enjoyed it."

"Yup! That's true!" Leo grins, lifting his teacup a little.

Donnie chuckles. "Thanks for watching them."

"It's nothing. With Destiny and Dean taking flying lessons, it was the best thing to do," he replies. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you!" Asher calls as Leo heads to bed.

Michelangelo

"Donnie! Donnie, wake up!" Annalise shakes his shoulders.

The purple-masked turtle jolts awake, snorting a little. Michelangelo and Annalise look down at him, eyebrows and ridges quirked.

"Oh...hey..." He grins nervously.

"Where's Mitch?" Mikey asks.

Donnie looks around, smirking a little as he points towards living room. Mitch sits in the floor, playing with blocks and building structures.

"We were being arctics!" Mitch whoops.

"Architects. It's architects," Donnie corrects.

"Yeah! What he said!

Annalise chuckles, picking up her son. "So you had fun?"

"Yeah! Uncle Donnie is really smart!"

Mikey smirks and kisses Mitch's forehead. "Yes, he is."

Donnie exhales heavily as he closes his eyes again.